Jasmin Angélique

Overall

About Jasmin Angélique by Atelier Cologne

Where to buy Jasmin Angélique

Reviews of Jasmin Angélique by Atelier Cologne

There are 7 reviews of Jasmin Angélique by Atelier Cologne.

Jasmine Angelique Whilst I approve of the AC line being fully unisex, This one is quite clearly a feminine fragrance IMO - especially in the opening. I didn't think it would be for me based on the name, and I was quite right.

Certainly a floral scent - the problem being it smells like an over-ripe floral: Like a bouquet of flowers that have been left 3 days too long in their vase, and are starting to droop and give-off a strong, dusty pollen. Quite an unpleasant opening stage.

I presume a realistic jasmine scent, but this puts me off looking into jasmine as a note in general. The middle stages are more decent, but the damage is already done. The middle becomes a little more bright, almost going into a jasmine tea type smell - I wish this was the theme of the whole scent, as it would have fitted in well to the AC line. Even a milky jasmine-rice scent would have been an interesting theme.

This one seems most similar to Grand Neroli from the same house - in it's thick pollen, overall yellow vibe. Unfrotunatley I can't get around the rotten vegetation at the beginning. There may be a little powdery patchoulli representing the dusty pollen - but this comes across as a hippy type flower-power-patchoulli. Dry down is to a fairly pleasant lemony-amber.

Overall certainly not for me. May be of some interest for females who want a kind of deconstructed Number 5, without any of the uplifting, glossy adelhydes. 49/100
Nov 12, 2019

This starts as, essentially, Alliage. All galbanum, with its green chalkiness and weird vegetable-you-cant-eat overtones.

After that, the jasmine settles in with a hefty dose of Iso E Super (not bad), and an attempt at hiding a high pitch woody amber (bad). Why? This could have been left out.

Settles down to a sweet-floral-woods. Kind of like someone just left the room wearing Alien. 👽

Not bad, novel take on a modern woody-floral, and much more interesting than their thunderous citrus collection. But still, a solid 3/5 and doesn't really warrant a 4.
Jul 27, 2019

I like my jasmine to be dirtier. This is a very clean one, very green, with a soapy feel. It’s almost like lilly of the valley. There’s also some citrus acidity in the opening, and later a bitterness I can’t pin exactly. A strong floral, very qualitative, with great projection and longevity.
Jan 26, 2018

Too much going on with this one. Just not my style.
Sep 30, 2017

Waiting for Godot
Oct 26, 2016

An interesting Jasmine like none other - to me Jasmine Angelique is as much Jasmine as it is Galbanum, which is ostere and cold: lovely when I am in the mood for it.

There is some sweetness to it but not of the bubblegum, nauseating sort... It's sweetness is persistent but quiet, as it is when when one eats licorice or bites into a clove.

Overall longevity and sillage are both great - lasting past 8 hours and pushing out at least an arm's length away.

Don't expect this to be well liked by everyone, especially those uninitiated to our world of fragrances - but don't get me wrong, this is wearable and I would say unisex. And definitely niche...
Feb 16, 2016

Show more reviews of Jasmin Angélique...

Add your review of Jasmin Angélique