Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum

Overall

About Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum by Boucheron

Boucheron
Annick Menardo

An Oriental Spicy fragrance, with a fresh start and spicy notes softened by an intense woody signature, it was created for a modern man with a pioneer spirit.

Where to buy Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum

Reviews of Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum by Boucheron

There are 175 reviews of Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum by Boucheron.

Another review for the EDP.

At the risk of using a pun for a scent from a jewelry house, Jaipur is a true "gem" from Boucheron. That said, it's also a unicorn in my book, and there are days when I absolutely love it and days where it's just not right on my skin. I think it comes down to the heliotrope, and whether or not I'm in the mood for powder. I think Boucheron Pour Homme is a lot more of a straightforward masculine scent. But there's no denying the quality and uniqueness of Jaipur. There are times where nothing else comes close. And with the discontinuation of YSL's Rive Gauche, this may be the best high-end designer barbershop fragrance out there--and a steal at around $30 bucks for 100ml. For a lover of drugstore fragrances like me, this is a go-to when I want a change from Old Spice or Tabac. Exotic and so rich. Definitely worth a try.
Aug 19, 2021

Andrew Tudose, 34, Waterloo, Ontario
Rating: 10/10
Rating of the Jaipur Homme EDP 100ml by Boucheron
Production Date: May 2019

Hey everyone, this is my first review here on basenotes.com so I hope it does this cologne justice after reading some of the other great reviews here in the forum.

After watching a handful of video reviews for this cologne on YouTube, I decided to buy it blind through FragranceX.com which I've done a few other times for some other highly rated fragrances.
I sprayed this a few times on my hand and wrist earlier today, and after letting it dry down for the last couple of hours, I have to say that this stuff is really special and may actually be a masterpiece. It opens up really fresh and spicy and then transitions into this rich, creamy and powdery scent that's really unique and really smooth for lack of a better term. My girlfriend was in our home office on her laptop earlier, and shortly after I sprayed it I hear, "What the hell did you just spray?!" (By the way, she also gave it at 10 out of 10 as well after asking her to rate it).
Now I'm not going to go into all the notes of this fragrance as I always feel that you have to let your own nose be the teacher and judge, but I have to say that there are no rough edges with this stuff and it's as pleasing a cologne as you're going to find on the market today in my personal opinion.
The best way to describe Jaipur Homme would be, YSL's Opium Pour Homme EDP meets a high-end French Barbershop. For those of you who haven't tried the EDP version of Opium Pour Homme, I would highly recommend it. I found a 50ml from Spain for $180 CAD and it's definitely worth every penny. (But that's a review for another time).
This is a more sophisticated fragrance that I would recommend to a man in his mid-twenties or older, although it could still be worn by older high school and college students if they're dressed well and have the right swag to pull it off. All in all, I would have to say that this cologne is really close to a perfect cologne and you can safely buy it blind due to some of the surprisingly low prices that you can find online for the 100ml. (I paid 60 CAD for my bottle).
To give you an idea of my personal taste in fragrances, I'm a big fan of the YSL Opiums (EDT and EDP), Tom Ford's Oud Wood, Creed's Aventus and The Dreamer by Versace (to name a few), and I can easily say that this cologne can go toe-to-toe with any of those heavy hitters any day of the week. Hope you guys enjoyed this review and I look forward to writing many more in the future.

What are your thoughts on this fragrance?

Andrew Tudose

Apr 4, 2020

This review is for the EDP version.

This fragrance sits quite neatly alongside two others that instantly spring to mind. The first is Givenchy Pi, the other is Rochas Man.

Whilst Rochas Man has less weight in the lower notes of the fragrance there are obvious similarities. It sits closer to Givenchy Pi in my view and dare I say, this is actually better done and I think it has to do with the Clove which whilst not blatant, augments the Vanilla note very nicely and gives Jaipur a slightly better refined/defined feel. The Clove in fact gives a Patchouli type aspect to the scent.

I'm aware the previous paragraph is perhaps worded a little loftily but it really is the best way I can think of describing this.

I certainly would not say this is limited to the more mature wearer but would perhaps say that of Pi....even though the two are very close. Something about Jaipur feels fresher, more opulent and less generational (is that even a word?).

I really like this and will wear it gladly on a day to day basis even though this fragrance could arguably fit very well in a Black Tie scenario.

If you love fragrances that are overtly Vanilla and sweet then you may well enjoy this hidden treasure of a fragrance.
Mar 2, 2020

There is a spectacular feast of India, which easily spread out around the globe. The feast is called Holi,the feast of colors, and their facettes. As bright as the Holi feast is to the eye as bright is Jaipur Homme to my nose.
There is a lot of spice which manages to work harmoniously with each other. The heliotrope is noticeable but especially some Tonka,Amber and a hint of vanilla is present.The heart consists of bombs so to say but does not overwhelm.
The Flacon is beautifully constructed and attracts the eye.

I think Jaipur Homme is a really good choice(although I do not wear it often),if you have a nose that loves Oriental Fougeres. By the way it's pretty unisex and wearable by the Ladies.

Jan 10, 2020

Must be one of the best value for money fragrances on the market today.

Here we have a formal and quite striking composition. A sort of barbershop come oriental. What you will get from this one is a shaving foam type smell laced with vanilla and almond. It's heavy on the cinnamon and does very slightly remind me of Costume National Homme, but a more upscale version.

Very nice indeed.

Jun 12, 2019

I only wish there was a rating above "Thumbs up". This fragrance is old-school, spicy, barbershop, and completely wonderful.

It was once described to me as "opulent", and that is fitting - it's like being in a Raj's palace. A true classic for every minute it's being worn.

You definitely get the cinnamon, the powder, and the exotic nature of Jaipur, and at the price, I don't see how it can be beat.

Longevity and projection are excellent. I've gotten 8+ hours on my skin, and I'm not sure it ever becomes a true "skin scent". It's easy to overapply, so be careful there. I'd suggest starting with fewer sprays than you'd use for other fragrances. As long as you don't use too much, it's not overpowering to others around you.

This review is for the EdP version. I haven't tried the EdT.
Apr 12, 2019

Show more reviews of Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of Jaïpur Homme Eau de Parfum