Ivy Musk

About Ivy Musk by Burberry

Burberry
Takasago

The company say:

Ivy Musk is inspired by lush forests, a rich labrynth of wet and potent bark and mineral streams, reflecting the beauty of the great British outdoors.

Reviews of Ivy Musk by Burberry

There are 3 reviews of Ivy Musk by Burberry.

Beautiful & powerful animalic musk that starts very raw and gradually settles down into a most enjoyable olfactory experience.

Sep 16, 2021

I bought this coz I really wanted to know how musk smells like. Coz frankly, I can't detect/smell musk in ordinary perfumes. Anosmia?

Soo when I saw Ivy Musk with it emphasizing 35% on the label, I quickly grab 1. Testing this with applying 1 spritz on skin and another on shirt in a hot humid tropical climate.

On skin - I can detect a hard to describe likeable scent. It is not a green or floral or woody type of smell. It is more of a "feeling" when sniffing Ivy Musk. It feels like your body is wrapped in a thick cozy old/dated blanket? An invisible comfy blanket. Also I can detect a faint smell of something that feels dirty-ish? Anyway, aside from that faint dirty smell, it is very addictive coz I always keep on sniffing my skin. Also personally I think it smells better when I'm sweating. Somehow sweating makes Ivy Musk more alive. Longevity is great coz it can easily covers 8 hours though half of it was as a skin scent. I suspect skin type may contribute as a factor (I have oily skin).

On shirt - it smells a bit toned down and 1 dimensional/linear. It is not as exciting compared to spraying it directly on skin.

Definitely a keeper in my collection.

1st Update - This stuff is very potent. Don't spray on shirt coz it's still there even after 2 or 3 cyles of washing. Eventhough I'm kinda like it, I don't want to smell it everyday though. Personally, Ivy Musk is not something I would want to wear on daily basis. Smells great during sunny and hot sweating days but smells bad during wet and damp rainy days.

2nd Update - the dirty & unpleasant smell seems more noticeable and becomes dominant when I sniff the nozzle spray.
Jun 17, 2021

This is an extremely potent musk perfume. (At 35% concentration, it’s rendered an extract)

It’s so intoxicating, overwhelming, ugly but beautiful at the same time. I wish there was a 2% concentration of this. I think it’d be wearable? You will only need the smallest dab of this! So so strong and powerful.

Highly recommended for fans of animatic fragrances, this is like no other!
Jan 19, 2021