Irrévérent
Histoires de Parfums (2017)

Overall

About Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums

Histoires de Parfums
Luca Maffei

Reviews of Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums

There are 2 reviews of Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums.

I'm not a huge fan. But it falls in a rather interesting category. It reminds me a little bit of A*Men, but its style is more polished and rather comes much closer to the more mild-mannered Aomassai by PG. I think Aomassai is a more interesting fragrance than Irrévérent but there's an odd sharpness in Aomassai which I dislike which is toned down here in Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums.

As for notes: I get a lot of hazelnuts and coffee, and a very smooth overall feeling that is balanced by some more darker facets of smoke and wood and a little bit of sharpness. Very linear scent in my opinion, but some of the more vibrant coffee notes do fade. Looking at the note pyramid now I can definitely say it smells of lavender, from beginning to end, which might be a key player keeping this stable and in a sort of middle ground in terms of quasi-gourmand fragrances. But to me this puts it in a sort of no-mans-land, very practical and straight-forward, but it doesn't have enough magic.

I gave Aomassai an overall score of 3/5, so that's what I'll give this one. More wearable and comfortable than Aomassai, but also more boring. Performance 5/5. Leans slightly masculine.

Review based on 3 full wears from a 2.5ml sample (all used up after that and one or two sprays on a card).
Dec 28, 2020

Histoires de Parfums Irreverent is the taste of a comforting cafe latte with a light hazelnut cream blending. Creamy sweetness from benzoin and sandalwood, plus coffee and a hint of patchouli amber somehow gives the gourmand nut flavor with a slight oud touch for depth. This is a very pleasant fragrance overall - not especially irreverent, but very wearable and all the aromas involved here have good memories attached to them. I really enjoy the fact that the coffee aroma is only the opening and slowly cedes control to oud / amber base which gets darker and woodier as it wears on. I don't normally like gourmand scents, but Irreverent is very nice. . . possibly a great fragrance. Recommended!
Aug 22, 2018