Iris Nobile

About Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma

Where to buy Iris Nobile

Reviews of Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma

There are 37 reviews of Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma.

Iris Nobile is not really an iris fragrance, but it's beautiful. It is a gentle floral, delicately powdery, with a prominent star anise note that lends the fragrance an abstract sweetness, achieving the sweetness via a different method than most other fragrances. It has a comforting feel and I'm looking forward to wearing it in cooler weather.

I blind bought a bottle when I saw FragranceNet had a few bottles in stock, as I knew it had been discontinued, and had gotten a positive review in the 2008 guide. I'm happy with my bottle and glad I took the plunge.

This review is for the now discontinued EDP.
Aug 5, 2021

Earlier this year I finished up a 10-year-old bottle of Iris Nobile, which I think might have been the EDT because the EDP, which I purchased off eBay the other day (Iris Nobile is unfortunately discontinued), is much darker and spicier. I suppose the formula could have changed somewhere between my original bottle and this new one, but who knows.

Regardless, this EDP reads much more like a floriental, more silk brocade than silk chiffon, beautiful no doubt, but it lacks the luminosity, sparkle, and throw of the formulation that first made Iris Nobile one of my favorite riffs on one of my favorite flowers. The EDP is also way less iris-centric, focusing instead on orange blossom, a very banana-ey ylang ylang, vanilla, cumin, and anise. I get zero oakmoss or patchouli in the dry down. Just a persistent amber and vanilla.

Iris Nobile was always a summer staple for me. It blossomed beautifully in the heat, enveloping me in a cloud of soft, rooty-sweet iris for most of the day. By the time this EDP gets to the dry down, the sweet becomes a little sickly, like eating too many caramels at one go.
Jun 16, 2021

My review is for a carded sample of the EDT.

Iris Nobile is like a garden experienced at a distance. The iris takes a back seat to the other flowers far too quickly, but overall it's a beautiful etched-in-air mirage.

No soap, thankfully. The longer I smell it, the more I like it, and the more I think I will find a sample of the EDP.

This would be appropriate for an office setting.

Not much projection or sillage, and it's probably too feminine for most men to want to wear.

My husband likes it on me, says it's one of the best fragrances I've tried so far. I'm giving this a thumbs up, and I'm going to find the EDP.
Mar 7, 2021

I expected more iris. Unfortunately I get too much citrus from this one. It's not a bad fragrance. It just lacks the floral I wanted. I only get mild iris, orange blossom, and ylang ylang. Not much of a base here either. Feminine, pretty, and perfect for a work environment. This surely wouldn't offend anyone.
Feb 19, 2018

Gossamer light and diaphanous, Iris Nobile catches the mood of a shaded spot in a summer garden. The note placing is faultless, as can be expected from the two perfumers involved in its creation.
Delicate, cooling citruses introduce a breezy white floral theme (mainly orange blossom and tuberose to my nose). It all smells a bit ‘open air', one gets little puffs of fragrance rather than a full-on gust. And the florals are handled with exceptional daintiness – there's not a molecule of indole to be had for love or money.
AdP call this a ‘floral chypre' but the firm jawline expected from the latter descriptor is entirely missing, as is the iris of the perfume's name. Stranger things happen in perfumery.
Much as I admire how it smells for the most part, I find Iris Nobile just a touch too wispy (and this is the EDP I'm talking about). One could douse oneself in a few ml of this stuff and still be left wanting more. Plus it seems to fizzle out almost completely after a few hours – all that's left is a smudgy base of some jasmine-like chemical and a touch of musk hanging close to the skin.
Jun 3, 2016

Perhaps a more accurate name might have been "Gardenia Nobile."

As we all know gardenia oil is scentless, so the "impression" of gardenia must be created by combinations of other oils. To my nose and on my skin I get this impression of gardenia, supported by a dry iris. I get none of the other notes in the scent tree.

It is very very light, even with ample application and very feminine, best for spring and early summer wear.

It is quite nice, but not distinguished enough for a thumbs up. Just pleasant and wearable. As well as mis-named.
Feb 11, 2016

Show more reviews of Iris Nobile...

Add your review of Iris Nobile