Iris Bleu Gris
Maître Parfumeur et Gantier (1988)

Overall

About Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Jean Laporte

Reviews of Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

There are 26 reviews of Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

My original issue (red argyle) bottle is certainly not overly sweet, as some have complained, nor do the floral notes read as “feminine” to my nose. Rather, the jasmine lends its indoles in support of the prominent orris root, while the funky musk, rooty vetiver, and moss give a deep, animalic quality to the base.

Iris Bleu Gris is a brooding, gothic iris, worlds away from the fireworks and candy floss of Dior Homme. The latter is by far the more influential, and certainly has the more dazzling opening. But I sold that off and kept this, and neither decision has given me a moment's regret.
Jul 23, 2021

Yes, it's a bit like Grey Flannel initially, but that doesn't last long. There's an interesting contrast between a dry, dusty quality and sharp, citrusy one. It's almost industrial smelling, so I can understand that some would not find it especially pleasant (it's got no more than a hint of sweetness). And it's not especially dynamic nor complex, though it does smell natural. All that said, my main issue is that it's not strong enough. At a considerably lower price it would be a buy for me (I obtained my bottle in a swap).
Jan 23, 2021

Powerful chyrpe opening note like tiny shards of green glass hitting my nose. Didn't notice florals in drydown notes as others. Given positives above, I'll try it again in spring and see if it fits better.
Nov 2, 2020

It has the smell of good perfume from the 1980s (or even 1970s), the kind of thing I like, although it could use some civet, and more oak moss (the version I'm trying) to hit the highest heights.
Jul 23, 2017

Stardate 20170718:

I think the name should have been Green Iris Blues.
Starts of very green - I guess from the citrus and the roots (iris & vetiver)
And then it changes and gets earthier and sweeter. Roots and tonka/vanilla perhaps that bring on this accord.
Settles down to a nice rooty-green makeup scent.
A keeper
Jul 18, 2017

VERY powerful Chypre. Iris is nuclear here, oakmoss assists. This could be a female fragrance in a very formal setting, soapy floral.
Jul 16, 2017

Show more reviews of Iris Bleu Gris...

Add your review of Iris Bleu Gris