Intense Cafe

About Intense Cafe by Montale

Montale

Where to buy Intense Cafe

Reviews of Intense Cafe by Montale

There are 28 reviews of Intense Cafe by Montale.

I’m with Colin on this one. Flat, sickly sweet and uninteresting. No coffee to be found. Suspect the sickliness is lightly dosed with norlimbanol, hence the intensity.
Nov 20, 2021

Not the best from Montale IMO as I typically am on the fence about gourmand type frangces, but this I like. Intense Cafe is a coffee, amber, floral and vanilla fragrance that I find quite appealing, although it does reflect some other fragrances, namely Tom Ford Noir de Noir but more in a more lactonic way. I've always liked Noir de Noir, but never owned it. Intense Cafe is not identical but hits at the same target with coffee, while the Tom Ford uses saffron and truffle. Excellent projection and longevity that one would expect from Montale fragrances and I'm a huge fan of the Montale and Mancera houses. I'm buying a bottle (can) of Intense Cafe. Thumbs up.
Mar 19, 2021

This is a dark, warm & sweet coffee/rose scent. On me it is captivating and emanates an equal portion of coffee, rose and musk. The sillage is powerful but rounded and smooth. I get compliments almost every time I wear it. There seems to be something spicy in the scent, perhaps it is the Montale musk which seems to have a peppery edge, it is the same in their Roses Musk scent that I also own, but in that scent this edgy aroma comes off more like clove. This scent is a beautiful dance of simple pleasures and the attraction of opposites. It is a dark full rose in a vase at a beautiful smoky coffee house in autumn where you sit with your best friend who is of the opposite sex. It is two diametrically opposed elements - one is sweet, metallic and aquatic, the other is smokey, bitter and heady. The two blend in a perfect dance of edgy, daring, and sensual warmth. It is the aroma of a soulmate.
Dec 29, 2020

The coffee The coffee nite is quite pleasant and fairly intense. Is is mixed with som florals, with geranium and a whiff of oleander standing out; there is also a lighter and somewhat bland rose in the background.

And ambery vanilla is the core of the base, and when is is combined with lots of white musks the result on me is a sweet and standardised effect that is one of the most predictable endings I can imagine. The fact that a Montale-style laboratory oud is also present too does not make things much better, although the latter component not as intrusive and overbearing as such lab ouds can be.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and eleven hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant coffee note - the rest is unfortunately too generic and synthetic to entice. 2.75/5
Nov 19, 2020

If you go into this expecting an intense coffee scent, you'll be disappointed. Instead, it's Montale's signature rose mixed with that sweetened condensed milk note from Angel, with chocolate and coffee and musk along for the ride. The roses and powdery musk keep it from going full-on gourmand - it's quite floral, which keeps it from smelling like just another Angel flanker. Meanwhile, the roasted quality coming from the coffee makes this smell different from other milky florals.

I can see how this is one of Montale's more popular perfumes, but I can also see why some people don't like it. It's not really what I enjoy wearing personally, but I think it's well done and I bought it as a candle and thought it made for a compelling room scent, so thumbs up from me!

Sep 4, 2020

A captivating glamour-chic blend of saffronish rose, musky oudh and rounded (musky) vanilla. Coffee is a kind of nutty and yummy spark coloring the milky vanilla by providing a sort of nutty-saline vibe while saffronish/woody rose (with hints of undisherned fruitiness) is the real Queen of the whole olfactory fatigue imo. Finally musk turns out warmer and sexier but the Intense Cafè's aroma slightly undergoes the typical synth aoudh's "chemistry" which partially jeopardizes the general appeal. I detect a touch of barber-shop freshness (somewhere as undertone) improving the general structure (not so articulated di per sé). Dry down is totally musky. Unisex but leaning towards the feminine side of the olfactory spectrum imo.
Feb 18, 2020

Show more reviews of Intense Cafe...

Add your review of Intense Cafe