Infusion d'Iris

Prada

Infusion d'Iris is a women's perfume launched in 2007 by Prada

Where to buy Infusion d'Iris

Reviews of Infusion d'Iris by Prada

There are 100 reviews of Infusion d'Iris by Prada.

Infusion d'Iris has grown on me, from neutral in 2012 to a real appreciation of it's quiet, calm, ‘go everywhere' personae. It's versatility, from office to dinner, with aplomb, is quite a feat, really.
It always smells put together, self-possessed, elegant, in a pleasant, unassuming way. So I find myself using it more and more, as I trust it now to deliver in nearly all situations.
On my skin, the predominant note is a cool but personable soft Iris and very complementary musk-vetiver-wood. My favorite part of Infusion d'Iris are when these notes are in balance. If I have a quibble with Infusion d'Iris, it's that when the iris starts dissipating, the musky element becomes more apparent, and I prefer the balance between the two, rather than a musky iris. It's not a large flaw, but enough to take it from 5 to 4 stars in my mind.

So serene, so calm, so calming and so elegant - it's the scent of a smart woman who has her shit together. That, together with this being a non-intrusive, clean, soapy and polite perfume makes it an amazing work scent. It just cuts through all the crap of the day and presents you this calm, soapy, incensy and slightly irisy-powdery (just a tiny touch of powdery! more soapy! powder-enemies, don't fret!) vetiver scent. You smell it and it all gets better.

I had a mini bottle of this and upon using half of it gave it as a thank you gesture to another woman who wanted it (and this generous woman was well worth it), but I'd gladly welcome a bigger bottle of this again in my wardrobe some day. For now, I am very happy with Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef and Arpels which to my nose is a sister scent to Infusion d'Iris. They both have very similar mood, they're both quiet, introspective and easy to wear, but Bois d'Iris is a more woody and incensy, slightly darker iris where Infusion d'Iris, while also having these facets, is more about the soap and vetiver. Both are very slightly feminine leaning unisex - or maybe just unisex - to my nose. I slightly favour Bois as an incense fan, but Infusion is really worth my attention - and probably yours, too.

A Grace Kelly of fragrance. Pretty. Aloof. Never really allowed to reach full potential. Works best, and most interestingly, I think, as a masculine.

In the beginning was the iris. A clean, bright but restrained iris, which is given added light by hints of orange blossom or mandarin but only very faintly. The occasional fresh laundry-character moment is notable.

Soon a gently spicy note of benzoin and galbanum adds a bit more depth, which at times has an undertone w white pepper and suede. The iris breaks through here and there for a while before the spices take over.

During the second half of the development a cedarwood arises that is equally restrained, but dominates the mix towards the end.

I get soft sillage, limited projection, and six hour of longevity on my skin - with liberal application.

A summer floral scent, a decent iris creation but lacking vividness and texture, and the performance is nothing to write home about. 2.75/5

Lovely fresh summer scent,iris and galbanum,very green and citrussy clean, powdery but not dated. Gentle woody dry down. I have the EDP and body lotion and shower gel. Layering together does improve the longevity. Favourite holiday perfume.

It's not bad, but I don't get much more than a nice eau de Cologne citrus fragrance. Where is the powder of the iris? I don't get it, really.

Show more reviews of Infusion d'Iris...

Add your review of Infusion d'Iris