Idole de Lubin

Overall

About Idole de Lubin by Lubin

Lubin
Serge Lutens

Lubin's 466th fragrance, and it's first of the 21st century.

Reviews of Idole de Lubin by Lubin

There are 69 reviews of Idole de Lubin by Lubin.

Damn this is good. I wish I'd backed the EdT version up. I find it preferable to the EdP which is quite good as well.

Such a warm, slightly sensual cozy scent. Really feels to me a bit like a sexed up bay rum scent.

Used to love this at work as a conservative but kind of sneaky edgy scent.

May 9, 2021

La Loge de Theatre BY Felix Vallotton
Dec 17, 2017

Citrus, orange peel, sandalwood opening, Leather only plays a support role. Not sweet, more peppery I get no cumin and little leather which would have made it better.
Jul 15, 2017

Similar feel to Bentley Intense but the rum note makes it sweeter, softer, more wearable. Also, this is more natural and less of a projection bomb than Bentley Intense. I do get the cola vibe but it reminds me more of a rum and coke than just coke. Some of the most pleasant woody notes I've ever smelled, almost floral like. Because of the price, probably not FB worthy but I would pick this over Bentley Intense any day. I'm wearing this on a cold day and seems to be just right for that.
Dec 21, 2016

Oh I'm fond of rum. On the hottest of days, capt. morgan and coke gets gulped. Then there are the rums I treat like scotch whisky, enjoyed in wee sips.

Fine rum overlaying SL Serge Noire, which I'd say is rather like clove cigs & chapstick ... and voila... Idole edt. Good evening and Autumn scent. Maybe 6 hours with subtle projection that invites closer attention. A fine date scent.

The bottle, along with the edp, are the 2 best-looking cologne bottles I believe I'll ever own, and the scent does do justice. Keepers, both.

I'm 50+, for reference.
Nov 19, 2016

Stardate 20161027:

A cola accord, a booze note and some sweetness and spices. And no that is not a recipe of a cocktail but a making of a masterpiece.
The only fragrance that has earned my 5 star rating FWTW ;).
And don't be fooled by its clone threads, there is nothing like it out there.
Now that EDT is discontinued, get the EDP. Differences are minimal.

Oct 27, 2016

Show more reviews of Idole de Lubin...

Add your review of Idole de Lubin