Hypnôse Homme

Maurice Roucel
Charles Boussiquet

Where to buy Hypnôse Homme

Reviews of Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme

There are 74 reviews of Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme.

Having finished a bottle of this I still have not too much to say.

Hypnose almost comes across as a Lavender soliflore to me - a pretty linear lavender from start to finish. A bit like Laliques Encre Noire in its design i.e. a single note (lavender here rather that vetiver) with a hefty dose of synthetics.

The lavender is at first spicy (coriander) and then woody (cedar) and always rather gluey / synthetic. The fragrance actually gets better on skin as it gains more character as it melds with ones chemistry. Smooth enough and somehow borderline 'boozy'

Pretty decent, honest scent and good performance but very rare that I would crave it therefore not a bottle I'll be replacing, Overall 55/100
Oct 3, 2018

My first encounter with Hypnose Homme was in the year 2011 and at that time I didn't like it that much.

The start is citrusy with lavender. It evaporates in a short time, what stays is a soft spicy and well blended lavender scent. I don't get any patchouli but amber sweetens the lavender.

Hypnose Homme is suitable for work, special occasions and nights out. I personally think that it suits to a smoking, shirt with trousers etc. More elite so to say, it's not a beast but will perform well.
Sep 25, 2018

Had this a few years back... A green clean office or casual scent that I found rather meh.
Nov 27, 2017

Just bought and tried out a bottle of Hypnôse Homme. I personally found it to be "hypnotic", in that I was sniffing my hand over and over all day long after applying a sample spritz!

Hypnôse Homme echoes scents such as Fahrenheit Parfum, with a slightly spicy, warm tangy sting that captivates my mind. I can't explain it except to say that Hypnôse Homme grabs my attention and lets me know that it will stick close and never be in the way.

Hypnôse Homme has an inherently muted quality to it, like it says what it will and nothing more. It is predictable, linear, and lasts a long time without changing. It comes off as slightly more than a skin scent, but that all depends on the amount applied, then it can become cloying. Also, I would compare it to Touch by Burberry...if it had an "extreme" version, this might be what it could smell like.

I like Hypnôse Homme. It is pretty distinctive among the myriad of scents that I own now, and it is worthy of a sample for the cologne enthusiast.
Apr 28, 2017

Hypnose Homme is an ok frag. It doesn't blow me away in how it performs. The frag does not change too much on my skin (pretty linear). It dies down in intensity after 1-2 hours but the same amber with musky undertones are still there. It does project pretty well and have decent longevity.

I would wear this more in the fall (day or night), cooler days mainly because it is pretty aggressive. Personally I wouldn't wear it to the club just because it doesn't change much throughout the day/night.

**For me to wear a frag to the club, the frag has to be slightly aggressive and be amazing!**

Overall: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
Sillage: 8/10
Agressiveness: 8/10
Aug 8, 2016

Hypnose Homme is yet another tragic case of budget issues. The build is solid and it could have/should have come out beautiful, but the ingredients are just too fake, and the imbalance in the life of said ingredients makes for a wobbly drydown. The lavender is not fresh so much as it is metallic, the mint may as well be nonexistent, and the end stage of Hypnose is not worth remembering. I almost bought this one countless times but could never quite commit. I was romanticizing it because on paper it looked like exactly what I was looking for. Always remember to try on skin. I still like it but maybe someone else should take it home.
Mar 26, 2016

Show more reviews of Hypnôse Homme...

Add your review of Hypnôse Homme