HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen

HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga

About HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga

D.S. & Durga
David Moltz

From the remote glens of Speyside. Accords taken from all aspects of whisky production – opens fresh
and fruity, releases oak in the heart, and finishes with
rich, vanillic wood reminiscent of The Glenlivet 18.

Reviews of HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga

There are 2 reviews of HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen by D.S. & Durga.

My final try from D.S. & Durga's Hylnds, line, I expected from the name that Spirit of the Glen that it would be green, leaning on "Glen," but the pun is more on the "Spirit" as it smells mainly of liquor from initial application onward.

It's definitely boozy, but in a flammable lighter fluid mixed with whiskey sort of way, with woody undertones as the main complementary feature to this spicy, fumey booziness.

I'm not quite sure what in the notes breakdown yields this sort of flammable liquid smell, so my guess is that it's a function of the bourbon mixed with woody notes (oak, cask) and hay, which tends to be pretty pungent.

Overall, a stronger entry in the way of performance and provocativeness but I'm not sure this is something I'd enjoy. The very woody pine resin fragrance is one I understand, as is the boozy, semi-sweet fragrance, but a boozy fragrance that leans woody and almost spicy to point of smelling like gasoline, as another reviewer points out, is a a tough sell. Still, it's an interesting composition that's worth smelling if it sounds good.

7 out of 10

Starts wonderful like a freshly poured jigger of fine whisky then dries down to a disgusting sickly sweet, vanilla, grass thing that I can't wash off fast enough. I accidentally sprayed the sleeve of my jacket and its 5 days later as strong as ever. This basenote is a beast that has fought my attempts to kill it with dish soap, windex and hand sanitizer. Short of acetone I think I'm beat. Wtf!

Add your review of HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen

No members currently have HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen on their wishlist.

Members who own HYLNDS - Spirit of the Glen