Héritage Eau de Toilette

About Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Guerlain
Robert Granai

Reviews of Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

There are 128 reviews of Héritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain.

For me this is on the edge of greatness and just because of that has a chef's table view of the real master in this category: Roja Dove Danger Parfum Cologne. They open pretty much identical cocooning you immediately in a sense of pecuniary relief at the 6 x price differential. Guerlain has saved the day you think. But after half an hour the master just takes it away. Heritage Edt becomes increasingly sweet and powdery almost powder puff and sent wafts up from my chest straight into my mask and started annoying me. Heart break.
The Roja remains sharp and masculine and lasts a lot longer as well. My only issue with it is that there are better smelling fragrances if you want the lighter type namely Mfk Masculin Pluriel and the Parfum version just requires a gentle dab to release one of the greatest fragrances of all time. Warm, masculine, subtle, monumental. Worth the enormous price tag? I do and did.

Fragrance: 6.75/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Dec 11, 2020

It's a real high-water-mark in modern men's fragrance.
I don't understand why more people don't talk about the coriander / Cilantro note (as in the leaf NOT the ground spice). It offers the scent a bracing green opening and mossy (damp) middle without relying on vetiver or oakmoss.
This Coriander leaf into a Guerlainade base of tightly interwoven lavender and vanilla is outstanding. Add a little musky sandalwood and you have a class act. The combination of notes comes off a bit lactonic in feel, some may say it is mature or powdery. I'd define it as a mild mannered neo-classical oriental!
Should be a safe blind-buy for a Guerlain fan. Deep drydown slightly resembles LIDGE in feel with its dirtied vanilla. Due to the tight blend it can feel a little compact and close and really pays dividends with multiple wearing's.

Overall a unique experience achieved using classical combinations. A real cultured gentleman's selection. I imagine P.G Wodehouses' all knowing gentleman's gentleman Jeeves making a perfectly judged application of Heritage
Oct 28, 2020

Starts with an in-your-face citrusy lavender, supported by aromatic notes (juniper and clary sage).
It keeps going with a noticeable dirty patchouli note (supported by an orchestra of notes, noticeably spices and florals (rose and geranium in particular). The base is a vanillic cedar, supported by moss, overall giving an impression of sandalwood (even if I can't spot it clearly, tbh). Beautiful, that said I had to spary something like ~1ml per wrist to reach just moderate projection... But no big deal, it's very nice and versatile, can be had for cheap, thus I recommend it, even if the performance is quite terrible. And yes: the drydown shares clear similarities with Zino.

Elegant without making a statement. That kind of fragrance that is not a real game changer, but that will be missed if absent in a collection. Classic, but still smells contemporary: the magic of Guerlain.

Colder days, 30+
Note: neutral rating because of inacceptable poor projection on my skin.
Oct 10, 2020

Amazing quality from start to finish. For the price Guerlain makes superb fragrances IMHO. Citrus opening, in the classic gentlemen's way, that blends into a nice tobacco juice with patchouli and peppery spice off my skin. I really like it and find it to not be overbearing even in warmer weather so this is a "Vivaldi" juice (FragBros). For the price, I would say this is a safe blind buy. Enjoy!
Aug 19, 2020

I've had this for a year Now and only wore on occasion mainly winter nights and it was nice but so so I was so wrong no no this is not for winter it's for summer ad some heat and a worm breeze and this caterpillar becomes a butterfly I've just got myself a new summer fragrance with loads of compliments who would have thought fragrances its a sniff of two half's.
Jun 6, 2020

This isn't the kind of in your face scent I normally go for (I am a religious Yatagan wearer) - it's very restrained and office-friendly. But I will say this - I am a slow user of fragrances. I still have half-bottles of stuff I bought before Obama was president. And those are juices I like.

I killed this in under a year. Consciously, it never quite clicked with me. But unconsciously, I was spraying it like crazy.

High quality, well-balanced juice. It's cheap, so try it.
May 17, 2020

Show more reviews of Héritage Eau de Toilette...

Add your review of Héritage Eau de Toilette