Havana
Aramis (1994)

Overall

About Havana by Aramis

Aramis

According to Aramis, Havana is "Charismatic, Well-Blended, Smooth, Sensual, Electric, Sexy, Masculine, Warm, Vibrant, Pulsating, Virlie, Seductive, Hypnotic and Intoxicating" Hmmm: Short and sweet then! The packaging depicts a jungle scene and the bottle is a dark blue cone of frosted glass.

Where to buy Havana

Reviews of Havana by Aramis

There are 124 reviews of Havana by Aramis.

Havana is a herbal spicy bay rum tobacco scent with a lot of spicy notes. After the cacophonous opening that singes the nostrils, Havana settles into a tobacco accord that's not far removed from vintage Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme that came out in the same year. Havana tones down the amber to go full throttle with its spiced tobacco accord which is dense, green, almost bitter with noticeable clove oil, pimento, and a hint of leather. The late dry down of Havana is softer and sexier, when the sharp edges become a bit blurred to reveal a warmth and smoothness with hints of tonka and resins.

Havana successfully reimagines the brisk, tonic-like profile of aftershaves in perfume form, much to the delight of wet shavers and others. Havana is bold, brash and uncompromising throughout much of its development, and surprisingly reveals a refined sensuality in the base. This is best enjoyed in warm weather with a lavish application –– laid back and immensely satisfying.

Jul 26, 2021

Havana is the first scent I loved so much that I purchased a back up. It's currently such a great deal as part of the 'Gentlemen's Collection' that I couldn't resist considering it's held in the $20 range from the major online discounters. Don't judge this masterpiece based on the opening, which is kind of a mess. There are a lot of notes listed but the middle bay rum that rides through till the base of tobacco and woodiness may be the most prominent notes. I was thinking that having a 'bay rum' fragrance in my collection would be a good idea and this totally covers that and more. In the long run this could sneak into my top 10. As long as the price holds(I don't think it will) it is a blind buy as I guarantee there are plenty of basenote-ers that will take it, me included. BTW, this is not one of those scents to wear once, freak out over the opening and post a trash review. Get to know this fragrance and fall in love. Viva Havana! Thumbs up!
May 1, 2021

Absolutely love this. Great, fresh opening, slight urine smell for the first 5 minutes or so (which I get from the original Aramis) but from that point on it's great and settles into a beautiful, sweet rolling tobacco scent in the drydown. Seriously good value.
Mar 9, 2021

I LOVE CUBA. I have been six times so far and cannot wait to go there again. HAVANA is its crown jewel. Being in CUBA is actual time travel or as close as one can actually experience. This perfume is not different is not for the faint of heart, it is not worn to impress others. It is worn for the experience of sitting in a normal cuban men's hair salon a place where time has stopped.
Feb 12, 2021

Now, why have a favourite if you don't at least have one that comes close. Here's mine. Aramis Havana, current version 2019. As I've remarked elsewhere, there's a cinnamon note in this one that just rubs me the wrong way, but aside from that, this is really wearable on clothing.
I repeat - on clothing.
On my skin, similarly to the current Habit Rouge, a strange thing happens - an impressively complicated and well-balanced scent, picture it as a statue if you will - melts into the ground only leaving half a crooked arm, a shoulder and part of the hair visible.
Dec 7, 2019

I imagine this is what someone from Cuba smells like, sitting in a 1950's Chevrolet with the top down under a string of glass Christmas lights, smoke billowing from an open air meat market in the hot sun.

But it smells cheap to me, and from the many reviews I've read smells nothing like what I was expecting.

This one is definitely not for me, and the vintage decant is already down the road.
Jul 4, 2019

Show more reviews of Havana...

Add your review of Havana