Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée

Guerlain
Thierry Wasser

Where to buy Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée

Reviews of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain

There are 49 reviews of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée by Guerlain.

The only other fragrance from the Homme line that I’ve tried is Homme Intense. I really enjoyed the opening of Intense, but the rum accord made it difficult to wear in warmer weather.

I was hoping L’eau Boisee would be more than just a lighter take on Intense. While it’s definitely a warmer weather fragrance, this seems to have been accomplished through subtraction of accords to the point that this is a very simple (some might say boring) fragrance.

I can’t give this more than a neutral rating. As with Intense, the opening of L’eau Boisee is really nice, but the rest of the fragrance lost more than just the rum accord. Vetiver? I get mostly nondescript dry woods in the base.

That’s not to say this isn’t a good fragrance. The base isn’t your standard synthetic scratchy woods base that seems so popular this decade. In fact, I actually like the dry accord here, but the fragrance as a whole lacks depth. Overall, L’eau Boisee is a nice (affordable) summer cheapie for fans of the line, but not full bottle worthy for me.

For a better take on the “mint-meets-Iso E Super” experience, try Jack Black JB.
Oct 15, 2020

I love Vetiver and this is a unique take on it. It’s fresh on the start and the dry down is perfectly balanced between wordiness and Vetiver with a hint of lime and mint. Great all year around. It’s great for the office but can be worn casually. This is not unisex in my opinion. It’s a mans cologne.
May 26, 2020

I love this fragrance. Sophisticated mint + lime + vetiver. In the drydown, it doesn't degrade to sickly vanilla/tonka/amber; it stays citric and green and woody, as a fragrance of this type clearly should. Merci M. Wasser!
Jun 24, 2019

An older On Card sample was pretty nice, but this newer formulation was like sun-soaked urine. Not the musky "cat pee" type of urine, but the "baby diapers" type of urine. Very disappointed, as I really thought I'd like this based on the older formula, notes, and reviews.
May 18, 2019

Seemed from the notes that I would like it, but what I get is a synthetic rubbery smell. Tried it a couple times but this persisted. Feel like it could use an uplifting note somewhere to balance it a bit. Performance was pretty good for a dry summery thing. Longevity in its category is good.
May 15, 2019

A fragrance that is greater than the sum of it's parts. The start is a burst of tangy lime with peppery cedarwood which smells like pencil shavings, cannot shake the association.lol..... A grassy Vetiver accord soon emerges and you have a fresh lime, woods and vetiver all coming together to make a very nice fragrance. Longevity is pretty good on my skin for this type of scent though it does stay close to you, six hours and it's still going. This is going to be good for the Spring and especially the summer.
Feb 7, 2019

Show more reviews of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée...

Add your review of Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée