Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum

Guerlain
Thierry Wasser

Where to buy Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum

Reviews of Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

There are 4 reviews of Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum by Guerlain.

What a beautiful classy scent! I blind-bought this one based on reviews and I'm certainly glad I did (tester bottle under $30). Definitely a more mature scent, but not in a bad way. The juice is well-blended and as others have noted a slight 'mojito' vibe to it. Not boozy mojito but rather a smooth and creamy lime / mint blend that is absolutely addicting and really done well. I find longevity on this one satisfactory on my skin and gets more pleasing the longer it wears. Definitely not beastly projection but certainly enough for other's to detect and comment on as you pass by. Every time I catch a waft of this on my skin I can't help but think "Damn, this smells great!". Pure elegance in a bottle.
Jan 27, 2021

Guerlain Homme - Guerlain
A classy perfume: calm and confident with a dignitive charm. Kicks off with a cool lime-anisic vibe that morphs into a minty-pine tonality and a soapy bitter-herbal lavender with slightly floral facets. Impression of icecold white rum/vodka which later gets a boozy-spicy tone supported by the liquorice and a note of fatty sheep-wool. The dryout is very smooth, refined and multi-faceted as many notes pop up and interact with eachother. Some raspy sweet tobacco, whiffs of gasoline, creamy woods, salty vetiver, earthy patchouli, cool incense, indolic-urinic musks and the tiniest sight of vanilla. It alltogether shows a magnificent display of warm vs cool impressions that creates great harmony. Also, the dryout seems to 'echo back' the fresh 'rum-on-lime' start which integrates a great natural fraicheur into the structure. Somehow I had a lot of flashbacks to Amouage Dia pour homme while sniffing this, and although that one is a lot more incense orientated, they share the same kind of cohesive soft- and richness through and through. Topmarks for this one- its a great storyteller that captivates its audience without a slightest effort and without the slightest need for showing off at the same time.
Jul 13, 2019

Review is for Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum (in the tall bottle):

This starts off with a strong white rum note blended with peppermint and lime, to smell exactly like a mojito. The rum is the strongest however, while the lime and peppermint are in the background. When spraying this on my skin it actually gives me a slight cooling sensation due to the mint. The rum is of the white variety and not bay rum. But together they smell quite pleasant nonetheless. The fragrance overall leans very masculine and is a sort of "night out" type of scent. On drydown it gives me nice wafts towards my nose of a very intoxicating (pun intended) mojito which smells better in the air emanating from my skin than if I sniff my skin itself. On the drydown, the rum note gets louder. In the late drydown it changes entirely to a vetiver scent (not unlike Guerlain Vetiver, but tempered with white rum). Sillage is moderate while longevity is quite fantastic at over 10 hours on my skin for me. Overall this is the best true "mojito" fragrance in my opinion, and a real masterpiece of perfumery.

Apr 5, 2019

Such a shame, this scent as if followed by a curse. It never has the strength you want. The original Homme doesn't have the strength, the Intense version either.

There are, to me at least, unconfirmed informations that this one is actually the Intense version, but with the change of bottle and name to simply Homme EDP. The notes are different in this formulation, though.

I was expecting the EDP to have that power I wanted, needed from it. It didn't.

I'm still rating it positively because it's a really darn good frag, even lasts substantially, but projection is rather miserable. Very mature, sure of himself, formal, warm and cold distant at the same time.

Originality 6/10