Green Irish Tweed

Olivier Creed
Creative Director

Green Irish Tweed is a men's fragrance launched in 1985 by Creed

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed

There are 440 reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed.

green Irish tweed is a real SCRUBBER! Harsh, head-achy, department store drivel pretending to be high end stuff. ALL the worthwhile Creed presentations have been "vaulted". Thanks to Ebay, I have a few of them.

A fougère-like scent that is green and very fresh. Dark citrus, violet and "ambergris". That's basically it, but it is a wonderful accord none the less. There is some sharpness up top that gives the impression of minty verbena. Sandalwood adds to a lovely drydown. Not getting much of an "Irish countryside" vibe, but that's OK. There is an obvious similarity to Cool Water (Davidoff) and at one point I thougt it madness to shell out for GIT. CW is a great scent in it's own right, but GIT has a drier and more airy composition which becomes obvious on closer comparison.

It's harder to swallow the price tag, along with the marketing rubbish from Creed and their 4,000 year old infusion techniques. This creation relies most heavily on synthetics. It was of course not created for Mr Grant either. But it is a beatiful fragrance, good for almost any occasion. You feel a million bucks wearing this.

My personal favorite from the house of Creed, as well as from Pierre Bourdon.

Yes, it does remind me of Cool Water. It obviously is of better quality, more complex and has better performance (at least compared to modern bottles), but considering I don't like either scent that much (kind of dated and synthetic) and the price differential, it's a pass for me.

My current favorite.

I bought this blind buy but nearly passed as there were SO many reviews comparing it to Cool Water. In all honesty I haven't knowingly smelled Cool Water in 25 years, but I didn't like it then, and can't pretend that I'll consider sampling it anytime soon.

My only complaint is that at this price point, longetivity should not be a problem and I find that it kinda is. It's low-key, but sillage is still good after a couple of hours.

It's definitely a spring/summer scent, but here in South Texas those seasons last 9 months so I can nearly wear it year-round.

One of the best offerings from creed in my opinion. This along with Bois du Portugal screams class and money. I can't comment on newer batches but my 2016 and 2015 one I've owned have the most beautiful green fresh quality combined with zesty citrus but the magic happens in the base where we are introduced to sandalwood and an ambergris accord which knocked my socks off five years ago and still does today.

I have to confess that I'm a huge fan of Cool Water and Aspen. I wore them in the early 90's and having revisited/re-purchased them after 20 years of my fragrance hibernation I thought I would scoff at these ubiquitous, over-worn and in the case of CW, insanely over-flanked fragrances. Instead I found I still love them unabashedly. As I explore my love of the House of Creed and wear my way through a decant of Green Irish Tweed I wondered how that all would effect my impression of GIT.

Green Irish Tweed(1985)
I was suprised at the lack of any lemon in the opening, it seemed muted in the opening, only to reappear within the iris/ambergris after awhile. What I thought would be a dissappointing dry down did brighten back up to that CW/Aspen comparison we all hear about ad nauseum. To add my free 2 cents it resembles Aspen more than CW. This is a pleasing classy fragrance whose quality, depth, and ability to project longer and more organically make it a far superior to it's cheaper, infamous comparatives. Considering I have big bottles of Cool Water and Aspen(for about $36 for both) and a small budget for the dozens of bottle worthy scents I want I can't see Green Irish Tweed as FB worthy, yet. It is a must try classic, however, and complete thumbs up.

Show more reviews of Green Irish Tweed...

Add your review of Green Irish Tweed