Grand Soir
Maison Francis Kurkdjian (2016)

Overall

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

About Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Maison Francis Kurkdjian

The company say:

Dress in your finest attire and polish your look. Wander in a never-ending night and enjoy the daring radiance of a magnificent Parisian evening, over and over again. Bridges and monuments shine like a thousand stars, standing majestic in a twilit sky carried away by the soft vanilla warmth of benzoin from Siam and a tonka bean from Brazil that has been jostled by the deep darkness of cistus labdanum from Spain.

Where to buy Grand Soir

Reviews of Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

There are 31 reviews of Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. There are other nice amber blends out there but this is just so heavy, thick, solid, rich and creamy I couldn’t resist so bought a bottle today. Lasts ages and decent sillage.

For all the 'noise' about Grand Soir, it is nothing more than a sweet vanillaic amber concoction. Is it a nice gourmand? Yes, but not at the price point. Other options run circles around this at 10% of the asking price of Grand Soir.
Try insurrection II Wild before forking over espèces sonnantes et trébuchantes for Grand Soir.

This is a qualified thumbs-up from me. I love this scent, which is good because once it's on, it's there to stay and announce to everyone, “Here I am!” I see lots of people posting that it's not heavy and to that I say, “Hah!” And “hah!” again. One spray and it surrounds me like a cloud all day; a glorious orangey-ambery cloud, but a cloud nonetheless. Since I'm usually a 4-5 spray kinda girl, it took me a while to work out this is “half-spray will do you all day.” But once you work out your correct sprayage, it's gorgeous.

Picked this up with my last niche decant order. I ALMOST blind bought it due to the hype on YT. For me at first sniff it just smells like thick and buttery, and it stays that way. It does not smell bad but it is just too thick in the opening and the mid for me but after a few hours I enjoy it much more. I'm gonna use the money from this to probably get Jubilation XXV. I appreciate the scent but I guess I have not graduated to heavy ambers yet.

The labdanum and the benzoin form the core pieces at the beginning. Rich, opulent, with a slightly soft leathery touch at times.

The drydown adds a nice tonka impression, that adds a touch of nuance and some sweetness, but itnis never heavy or cloying on me; rich, yes; never too intrusive though. An underlying dark amber adds further depth.

I get strong sillage, excellent projection, and a stupendous longevity of over fourteen hours on my skin.

A voluptious scent for autumn evenings, pour le soir indeed. It is a bit linear, but provides just enough development and texture to avoid tedium. The performance is outstanding. Not grand, but tres bien pour une soirée. 3/5.

Phew!
This is not unisex by any stretch of the imagination.
Very sugary sweet powdery vanilla, tonca, amber, labdanum. Smells ok actually but this should be re labelled for ladies to prevent people like me wasting money on samples.

Fragrance: 5/10 for men, 7/10 for ladies.
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10

Show more reviews of Grand Soir...

Add your review of Grand Soir