Grand Soir
Maison Francis Kurkdjian (2016)

Overall

Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

About Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Maison Francis Kurkdjian

The company say:

Dress in your finest attire and polish your look. Wander in a never-ending night and enjoy the daring radiance of a magnificent Parisian evening, over and over again. Bridges and monuments shine like a thousand stars, standing majestic in a twilit sky carried away by the soft vanilla warmth of benzoin from Siam and a tonka bean from Brazil that has been jostled by the deep darkness of cistus labdanum from Spain.

Where to buy Grand Soir

Reviews of Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

There are 33 reviews of Grand Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

A top shelf amber. In my top 3 ambers, just behind Ambre Precieux and ahead of Akkad. This one has nuance, velvety sweetness from the tonka and vanilla. Lacks some of the mystery of Ambre Precieux, and the smokiness of Akkad, but brings something of a gourmand touch. A decadent fall and winter fragrance, rich and creamy. The cistus labdanum rounds it out nicely.

I'm a sucker for ambers, so this one is right up my alley.

the embalming fluid of a diabetic cadaver left to rot in the morgue

far too sweet and faceless but that seems to sell in the current market

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. There are other nice amber blends out there but this is just so heavy, thick, solid, rich and creamy I couldn’t resist so bought a bottle today. Lasts ages and decent sillage.

For all the 'noise' about Grand Soir, it is nothing more than a sweet vanillaic amber concoction. Is it a nice gourmand? Yes, but not at the price point. Other options run circles around this at 10% of the asking price of Grand Soir.
Try insurrection II Wild before forking over espèces sonnantes et trébuchantes for Grand Soir.

This is a qualified thumbs-up from me. I love this scent, which is good because once it's on, it's there to stay and announce to everyone, “Here I am!” I see lots of people posting that it's not heavy and to that I say, “Hah!” And “hah!” again. One spray and it surrounds me like a cloud all day; a glorious orangey-ambery cloud, but a cloud nonetheless. Since I'm usually a 4-5 spray kinda girl, it took me a while to work out this is “half-spray will do you all day.” But once you work out your correct sprayage, it's gorgeous.

Picked this up with my last niche decant order. I ALMOST blind bought it due to the hype on YT. For me at first sniff it just smells like thick and buttery, and it stays that way. It does not smell bad but it is just too thick in the opening and the mid for me but after a few hours I enjoy it much more. I'm gonna use the money from this to probably get Jubilation XXV. I appreciate the scent but I guess I have not graduated to heavy ambers yet.

Show more reviews of Grand Soir...

Add your review of Grand Soir