Giò

About Giò by Giorgio Armani

Giorgio Armani

Where to buy Giò

Reviews of Giò by Giorgio Armani

A beautiful feminine floral, simply created with only a few notes, although the underlying tuberose, always evident but always restrained, is never mentioned in the scent tree.

That tuberose allows the other florals (jasmine, hyacinth, rose) to join their green notes to it and blend into one of the finest of modern scents for women. Too bad it is discontinued, as it was one of the best of the 1990s. Don't be fooled by the "Acqua de Gio"s - they are not the original, not by a long shot.

Seek this out in vintage parfum land and enjoy. A perfectly blended, sweet, ultra feminine floral. Best suited for the grand dame personalities - the Mae Wests, the Rosalind Russells. Definitely not an Audrey Hepburn scent.

Very highly recommended.

Jasmine, Hyacinth, Tangerine
Rose, Iris
Sandalwood, Vanilla
Aug 12, 2017

An sensually glowing orangey citrus with hints of bergamot mingles with a rich and creamy jasmine - this is a lovely gentle but dense opening mix - not very bright but like dimmed light instead - the bergamot is very subtle here.

The middle notes added in the drydown are mainly iris and a medium-darkish rose - this composition's heart is very much a floral heart, which is not very complex, but complex enough to enjoy is without being bored. Later on whiffs of ylang-ylang come and go and add another floral aspect to this potpourri.

The base adds a nice, creamy and soft vanilla, whose woodsy undertones are discreet in he backgound.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and an impressive ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring evening scent is of a rich elegance, and, although a but linear at times and not particularly innovative, it so smooth and well blended that the end result is quite convincing. 3.5/5.
Apr 4, 2017

Gio and I had really good time hanging out together in the mid 90s. An extremely heady multifloral with a nice little kick of something exotic, like licorice? Yes, you definitely get the honey, also. The perfume version was absolute heaven on earth.

I feel this is Armani's finest.
Mar 5, 2017

Has a great David Lynch commercial, but it's in the Crystal Light Nutrasweet fruity floral early 90s style of Eternity, Tresor, Liz Claiborne, and Amarige. There were so many of these.
Oct 2, 2015

The most exquisite floral ever! GIò is an extraordinary and rare beauty. A burst of peach nectar, gardenias and sweet cloves blended to perfection. Extremely sensual and classy. My favorite vintage of all time. It's unique! It's timeless!
May 26, 2013

I actually miss this one. Very brassy and floral. I hated it when I was first spritzed in the department store (quite against my will, and not something that I would ever consider buying at first smell - very NOT my type of scent). As the day wore on however, it really started to grow on me. It smelled like a good version of those Estee Lauder scents. I actually went back and bought a bottle. I wish they still made it.
May 22, 2012

Show more reviews of Giò...

Add your review of Giò