Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée

Overall

Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée by Givenchy

About Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée by Givenchy

Givenchy

Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée is a men's fragrance launched in 2022 by Givenchy

Reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée by Givenchy

There are 3 reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privée by Givenchy.

A soft, fresh, seductive, woody-iris scent, in the style of Dior Homme Intense and Valentino Uomo Intense.

For me, this is much more wearable and work-appropriate than the Dior or Valentino offerings because it doesn't project as much. I consider that a good thing as both of those can become too big and cloying at times, especially indoors or if your skin heats up. This Givenchy version is good for times when you want the DHI feel but not as loud.

Projection is decent without being loud after the opening. Lasts all day on clothes.

This one replaces the cacao note of Boisee with chestnut and sweetens it up a bit with the whiskey and amber note. You get more of a woody aroma with Boisee, but I get a lot of amber in this one. I really enjoy the ambery sweetness in this one. There are similarities to Dior Homme Intense, but I don't think it's as close as people say it is. Up-close, I get the iris, but the sillage projects more of the ambery whiskey note. It is sweet but it doesn't turn into a sickly sweet smell.

Sure, this type of scent might not be the most unique, but this is surprisingly good for Givenchy standards. If you're a beginner looking for a decently performing fall/winter night-time/date scent, this is a great choice.

Finally sampling one of the most recent releases from Givenchy, Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privee, that’s been understandably getting a lot of positive attention. I’m not deeply familiar with Givenchy in general nor the expansive Gentleman line but I wanted to try this, and I’m glad I did. It smells of a cross between ambery whiskey and powdery leather, and no doubt due to the latter, draws comparisons to Dior Homme Parfum, something that occurred to me upon first spray.

I actually sold my bottle of DHP years ago, since, although it was a great fragrance, its sharp powdery quality meant that I didn’t reach for it often. GEDPRP partially addresses that by being noticeably more blended with a sweet and boozy quality, and a fraction of the powdery leather side of DHP.

It is, in this way, the best of both worlds, a nod to the sweet while still having some of the powder, and it’s achieved harmoniously. I’m quite pleased with it and would consider buying a bottle, as it also performs pretty well. Also, I can see how it would satisfy some DHP fans while being a bit easier to wear and more fashionable, with its resinous/sweet/boozy side, and more toward the mainstream, while still smelling special, and carefully put together.

It’s priced at $106/85 for 100/60ml, and is sold on the Givenchy website as well as various retailers.

8 out of 10