Gentleman Eau de Parfum

Givenchy
Olivier Cresp
Firmenich

The company says:

Peppery effervescence riffs with the gentle and aromatic lavender. Contrasting notes built upon a beating floral heart. Warmed up with Tolu balm, the Iris heart plays a solo, full of strength and delicacy played out with a masculine pitch. The base echoes with woody patchouli and the sensuality of black vanilla. Oriental and addictive. A rhythmic scent to accompany you through the night.

Where to buy Gentleman Eau de Parfum

Reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum by Givenchy

There are 15 reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum by Givenchy.

The opening blast of pepper, softened a bit by a green-ish jasmine note, makes for an uplifting start of this olfactory journey.

The drydown adds quite an intense iris, which is a tad darker, smooth, a bit sweeter, and a good rendering of this floral. This is the stage where reminiscences of more recent samplings of Dior Homme come to mind.
Some whiffs of oleander and very briefly of katsura tree leaves appear transiently. Then a balsamic undertone, a Tolu notes leads into the next stage of the development.

The base adds a smooth patchouli, which misses any harsh or rough edges. This smoothness is enhanced by the addition of a pleasant vanilla impression, which is more and the restrained side and never really loud or cloying.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

Quite a nice take on a not-so-sweet floral approach, this scent fr cooler spring days is not without an original touch. Unfortunately, some notes are rather generic. Overall 2.75.5
Aug 10, 2021

I didn't really realise what had happened to this "Gentleman" line until I tried it. Gone is the old-school, animalic scents I remember from earlier years. In their place is a range of Dior Homme-style wood-and-iris fragrances. YMMV in terms of whether you think it's a good move, but I think it's undoubtedly a safety-first marketing decision.

In this parfum version, there is pretty much nothing of interest going on. The opening is frankly a mess of artificial woods, a touch of pepper, and that iris note. In fact it does dry down quite nicely with a little vanillic accord, but it provides nothing of note along the way. Not bad, but of little aesthetic value.
Apr 27, 2021

It's OK - quite sweet opening that does not develop to anything incredibly interesting or masculine. I get sweet floral notes and patchouli, no black pepper in the opening whatsoever. There's tons of vanilla at the heart and dry down. That's all you get. I was hoping for more sophistication.

sort of blah
Aug 6, 2020

Another one of these lipsticky / old lady's purse smelling fragrances - just doesn't smell masculine or appealing to me in any way.
If you like LaNuit or Dior Homme, then you'll probably like this one too (I notice it mainly seems to be French Designer Houses that have all jumped on this trend...)
For me, it's a definite big thumbs down.
May 3, 2020

I love this scent. Since Lolita Lempicka binned their Au Masculine and Guerlain did the same to LIDGE, I had been left without a signature scent until the coming of the Gentleman Givenchy Eau De Parfum.

Late one Saturday afternoon while trying out the new range of Guerlain and Givenchy ( I was working through the alphabet!! ), I sprayed this onto my wrist and over an hour later couldn't stop pressing nosing my skin as the scent kept drawing my nose back to my wrist all through the evening.

The dominant note is the powdery iris which I simply love. This is a delicious and exciting scent with warm and sweet notes of spice and vanilla. Projection is good and lasts around 7 to 8 hours, staying on the skin for up to 10/12 hours.

The bottle is jet black with a clear lower section and base which keeps it fashionable while extending life to the original-style Givenchy bottle. I purchased the 100ml bottle as part of a gift set which came with a very handy 15ml travel spray. If you love gourmand fragrances with that lovely floral sweetness and more, go for this and I'm sure that like me, you will not be disappointed.

Rating : 4.5 out of 5 stars
Jan 24, 2020

I loved the vanilla on paper. I loved the pine feeling on my skin. While I was looking at the flankers, the male S.A. said: what does Monsieur like? “It’s for me.” “It’s a male fragrance, madam.” “I’ve not seen its penis yet, sir.”
I’m currently loving the spices as well. I don’t know why I got feelings of l’Eau des Baux. Well, I kind of know, the vanilla, the spices... but it’s very different anyway.
Nov 26, 2019

Show more reviews of Gentleman Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of Gentleman Eau de Parfum