The company says:

Same notes, two identities Working the ingredient to express its full potential and meeting the challenge of composing two different eaux de parfum with the same notes: juniper berries, nutmeg, coriander, musks, ambery woods and vanilla. The Gentle Fluidity duo was born of the perfumer’s imagination to offer two distinct olfactory silhouettes, for her or for him. In Gentle fluidity (silver), nutmeg and ambery woods are dominant and release a vibrant, comfortable trail. As for juniper berry essence, it leads to an ascending, ultra-fresh, aromatic note, similar to a “gin frappé” effect, balanced by the dry, slightly balmy, spicy notes of nutmeg. The base notes reveal ambery wood facets ranging from sweet and enveloping to powerful and dry.

Gentle Fluidity (Silver Edition) fragrance notes

• Juniper berry, Nutmeg, Coriander, Musks, Ambery woods, Vanilla

Where to buy

Latest Reviews of Gentle Fluidity (Silver Edition)

Metallic/ozonic to my nose. Which is what I smell when I inhale Bombay Gin so makes since as juniper is a note in that spirit.

Unisex for sure. Clean, of course. just like Baccarrat Rouge it's getting a following so while originally I would say it's unique, a lot are buying this.
Of course ,I wear this one but I layer it with a linear citrus scent to punch up the berry noyes.

Def worth a buy.
Sillage: 4/5
Longevity: 4.5/5
Unisex
4th May 2023
I've finally found me in a bottle! Gentle fluidity silver is worth all the hype! It's bright,classy (but not overly mature that a 21 year old guy can't wear it). It's sexy and his one of my female friend favorite one. The best description I've seen about this is imagine a well dressed guy at a bar siping on a Gin and tonic and wearing Aventus. The sillage is a 8 out of 10. Longevity on me is easily a 10 out of 10 (it lasts 14 hours on my skin with good projection for alot of it). The scent is easily a 10 out of 10 for me.
28th October 2022

Juniper and clean musk is what I mostly get from Gentle Fluidity Silver. It's supported by a faint vanilla that provides a bit of sweetness and there's an non-descript wood in the base. Nice juniper note for those that like the cool gin vibe, but nothing terribly daring. In fact, it leans towards a designer style day scent. Could be unisex, and my wife likes it. I also like it but it's a pretty commonplace scent in today's market, but done very, very well. Think Dior Homme Cologne, but more gin than ginger. Thumbs up.
28th July 2022
Lancome's Hypnose with a Polo Blue EdP. Later morphs to give Aventus vibes.
Estee lauder's Intuition can produce similar results when substituted for the Hypnose.
MFK, sometimes you are genius, other times I think you copy with improvements. Par for the course in this business I suppose.
Not worth the dosh IMO, just get Hypnose and add a spray of Polo Blue or Aventus.
Smells awesome.
I have not tried the gold version yet.
8th December 2021
Very nice masculine sweet light fragrance which a lady can also carry off.
Juniper berry with musk touch of wood and nutmeg with a metallic vibe joining in.
More of a casual or date night scent or indeed it these times where common sense has suffered its own reformulations and dilutions 'working from home' scent.
I like it: FBW.
To give you an idea my soft sweet fragrance of choice up to how has been Miller Harris Lost In The City which I tried to love because my wife loved it. Now I am selling that and buying this. Will my wife love it? If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him is he still wrong?

Fragrance: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 7.75/10
12th November 2020
The one component be that, on me, defines this creation are the white musks, who appear in the opening blast, and remain a feature throughout its development until the end. They are clean, quite fresh, and of a moderately sweet character, which, later on, is spun out further by an undertone of a fairly bland vanilla.

Initially the musks are accompanied by sone juniper. This juniper is quite restrained on me, not very vivid, and fade away after a couples of hours. Coriander and some nutmeg appear too, but they are rather weak and more of background shadows than substantive contributors to the show. Towards the end I notice a nonspecific ambroxan-tainted woodsiness that is a pale addition to the whole.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring scent is pleasant overall, but its ingredients are rather anaemic, and the resulting notes egregiously generic. 2.75/5.
15th October 2020
This reminds me of a metallic, sweet-floral version of an Aventus clone. Closer to Cedrat Boise or even Hacivat than actual Aventus. It's not as harsh as either, being a softer, more unisex version of those scents. Probably better for close encounters or inclosed areas than those other scents.

Good projection during the first few hours and then settles down but still is better than a skin scent. Soft projection for the rest of the workday.
15th October 2020
Several months ago I was killing time in Neiman Marcus and had a sniff around the MFK counter. I have sampled many of his scents over the years and just never found anything that clicked. This last time, there were two new entries, the Gentle Fluidity twins. I tried them both and was drawn to Gentle Fluidity (Silver Edition)--not enough to buy but enough that the SA sent me home with a sample which I promptly put in a drawer and forgot about. Well, I found it and am giving it a wearing.

I love the line up of notes--the spices, the woods, the absence of floral notes all bode well for me. What I had forgotten about the first time that I tested it is the harshness of the opening and a weird turpentine meets canned fish note that announces this scent. Possibly the coriander, this is very off-putting, unless the metallic tang to opening a can of sardines is your thing..... Nutmeg steps in soon enough and the whole scent finishes with a musky vanilla note underscoring the harsh metallic top notes. The metallic note reminds me in some ways of the similar note in Halston Man and Safari for Men which I liken to the taste of licking the steel blade of a Sabatier knife. This is weirdly gourmand in a dry, spicy, savory way and will be a miss for me, despite how well made this is.
30th June 2020
The "Gentle Fluidity" concept by Maison Francis Kurkdjian is rather novel: take the same ingredients and adjust the levels to create two separate perfumes of a pair, but leave them without gender designation so people can decide for themselves which is which. For my part the concept works, and while I have difficulty pegging which one should be masculine or feminine, I do find Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition] (2019) to be the more office-safe, casual, and warm weather-friendly of the two. Gentle Fluidity [Gold Edition] (2019) is far warmer, sweeter, and much better for romantic evenings, formal use, or cold weather. There are no sharp edges, no herbal bitterness, no stoic professionalism on display with the gold iteration like there is with the silver version, meaning the gold version doesn't feel "masculine" in the traditional sense like the silver, and therefore might be pegged feminine by some. Of course, following this interpretation sort of goes against the point of expanding mental horizons with the intentionally-undefined line itself, but such as it is with people needing hard-cut gender boundaries in their fragrance selections, and no interpretation is really a wrong one anyway. Additionally, the Gentle Fluidity line itself is not your usual MFK fare, and doesn't rely on white florals or evident citrus notes to really push off like you might expect, but it does contain the same filigreed blending and synthetic sheen that Francis Kurkdjian favors.

The opening of Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition] is very sharp and almost harsh. You have powerful juniper presented in almost a gin-like way with dusty nutmeg backing it up, smelling like a bottle of Bombay Sapphire at first before taking on a softer glow with a heart of coriander and ambroxan. Once Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition] settles, it enters a groove similar to Creed Aventus (2010) or Montblanc Explorer (2019), but without all the fruity sweetness of the former or sage of the latter. Without any real discernible citrus note, this may be the driest take on the mega-popular masculine accord yet, with musk ambrette, vanilla, and norlimbanol creating the "ambery woods" effect of the base. There is less vanilla here than in Aventus, but the musk ambrette adds a bit more body in a different sense, even if the display of norlimbanol is scratchier than either Aventus or Explorer. The real star of the show here is that "gin accord" created by the juniper surrounded by whatever synthetics are in the top, so fans of that kind of smell should love Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition]. Wear time is about 8 hours, and sillage is strong even if projection is not into the stratosphere, which is par for the course. People looking for a clean generalist will be bound to like the silver version of this over the gold, and I'm a gin fan so this ranks slightly higher in my book, although that isn't to say this scent is particularly boozy either, at least not according to what I consider boozy. There is no noticeable alcohol/cocktail vibe past the initial five minutes.

People who love Roja Parfums Elysium Pour Homme Cologne (2017) but wish it had more juniper in place of all the usual Roja Dove complexity will find this to be a better and slightly-cheaper alternative, even if neither of them are anything close to being a bargain. Naturally, having any similarity at all to Creed Aventus is an automatic cause for alarm among the sycophant armies that worship the scent as their personal liquid messiah and scrutinize every batch like they're looking for the Golden Ratio in every drop., but if you can ignore that highly-vocal and irrational minority of the fragrance community, you should find Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition] to be just the kind of "everyday clean and mass-appealing" scent that Maison Francis Kurkdjian needed. Sure, the various colognes and Aqua lines could all arguably be called generalist and clean too, but they're too specific with their presentation of neroli or other citrus facets to be universal in appeal, plus don't have the versatility they need to deliver what this does. Gentle Fluidity [Silver Edition] is not your usual MFK, but also more familiar than you think, and very clever on the part of Francis Kurkdjian. Of course, people who need "for him" or "for her" won't find either Gentle Fluidity release very clever, but there are enough other MFK releases to satisfy them. Thumbs up.
2nd December 2019
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Gentle Fluidity Silver is one that I smelled along with Gold some months ago when they were on the verge of being released in the US, and while I was certainly much more moved the sweet Gold, I was interested in trying Silver so I made it one of my two samples to be included with my APLS order.

To Gold's sweetness, Silver is a sharp, metallic, herbal offering that, while surely unisex, reminds me of a men's signature scent of some kind. It starts out borderline unappealing, very much the sharp and metallic side, but dries down into a more pleasant, harmonious blend. Its pungent, almost heady, spicy vibes come from a healthy dose of juniper, but also coriander as supporting act, and an assortment of nutmeg, woods, musks, and vanilla. But really, the juniper (first) and the coriander (second,) are the standouts.

The very opening can be a bit much but overall, Gentle Fluidity Silver is a nice, year-round-friendly, versatile offering and it actually might be more noteworthy than Gold for that reason, despite Gold being a bit easier for me to love. Silver performs pretty well, being of reasonable density for hours and having good longevity. The retail of $225 for 70ml in the US is about on par with what I've come to expect from MFK but it's still a lot to ask if you don't love it.

Overall, I've become a fan despite finding it a little tricky on paper to start.

7 out of 10
18th November 2019
The most boring fragrance that I ever tried. It literally evokes nothingness to my nose. I smell it, but it leaves me blank and bored.
20th August 2019
A soft, warm aromatic juniper fragrance with a sweet pine-sap aroma and some spiciness via (most notably) nutmeg. Juniper has that sweet, fresh-piney green sap smell and here it's the main accord driving the fragrance. If you've ever smelled the sugary sap note in CH Men or Bentley Momentum Intense, they're a good reference point to get a handle on the dominating smell in Gentle Fluidity Silver, though the fragrances themselves are different enough so as to not require any further comparison. Fluidity has a smooth, blended, modern feel and stays close to the skin. It's clean without relying on any white florals, musks, or lavender, and it's one of MFK's most easy, laid-back releases. At the same time, simultaneous releases (in this case Gentle Fluidity Gold and GF Silver) can often leave both feeling a little unfinished and incomplete. I can't help but find myself wishing there was a little more here, something to make me raise my eyebrows or something to really sink my teeth into. It's a nice enough fragrance (it's very pleasant) but I don't think I'm being unfair when I say that something is lacking. And it could just be performance. Silver is indeed gentle fluid, projecting no further than six inches off the skin and lasting about 5 hours. I'm not the kind of guy who typically complains about projection and longevity either, but I'd be doing you all a disservice if I didn't mention Gentle Fluidity's lackluster performance here. And while in some ways I enjoy a reserved scent, this one feels like it wouldn't hurt to crank it up a couple notches and maybe add another dimension to it in terms of complexity. Final rating, 7/10

I'm giving this one a neutral, just short of a thumbs up. But it really feels like something is missing here, and without it, I can't give it a thumbs up.

Side note: Kurkdjian's taken a departure here from his usual use of opulent floral notes and super-clean white musks, orange blossoms, and neroli. This is a fragrance that finally feels relaxed–still clean and composed–but completely at ease. It's a smooth wear and it's soft on the senses as well. Also, the aromatic warmth is good here, it adds to the relaxed nature of the fragrance and makes it even more comfortable to wear. Put Gentle Fluidity next to Amyris Homme in terms of its laid-back feel and simple, but enjoyable smell.
12th August 2019