Fumerie Turque

About Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens

Serge Lutens

Fumerie Turque is a shared scent launched in 2003 by Serge Lutens

Reviews of Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens

There are 95 reviews of Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens.

Honey drenched tobacco ablaze. Autumnal landscapes and rustic backdrops. A kaleidoscope of falling leaves, obscured by the swirl of incandescent smoke.

The opening blast is a delight: It is the aroma of a sweet pipe tobacco that is flavoured, mainly with a dark rose and some fruits, like redcurrant, junipier and whiffs of blackcurrant, although most of the time is is a rather mixed fruitiness on me.

In the drydown I get touches of a smooth, dark and sightly dusty undertone of leather-like styrax note but not very sude-like to me. The sweetness is supported by a tonka/vanilla impression that lingers until the end. Soft hints of herbal teas - chamomille with whiffs of rooibos, are also present at this time.

The base continues the leather-vanilla theme, with a dark but rather smooth patchouli filtering into the mix gradually; this patchouli is neither harsh nor sharp.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This first part of this autumnal creation is a creative take on the tobacco-leather theme, but the later stages are somewhat blander at times. Nonetheless, overall a good composition. 3.5/5

Like Amouage Interlude Man, to me it evokes memories of smoking a fruit-flavoured narghile in a chicha bar in Beirut or Istanbul. Less cloying, less sweet and more balanced than Interlude Man in my view. I like it very much.

I don't think the Lutens "aesthetic" is a good fit for my own tastes, given that I like structural clarity and precision, and there's often a certain cloudiness to Lutens' creations that reads to me as somewhat ramshackle.

Fumerie Turque is a very interestingly kind of dry, earthy take on tobacco with some accords I haven't found anywhere else, and it deserves commendation for that. I don't find it exactly unpleasant, but I do find it a bit stuffy in a way that I don't enjoy spending a great period of time with it.

One of the most mature, "older" scents I've tried in a while.

Starts with a stuffy, musty, mature, chocolate tobacco and doesn't really change much.

Performance is very good with noticeable projection. I get 9-10 hours of longevity on clothes.

A less ordinary oriental would be hard to find. Fumerie Turque is basically a gross animal note, accompanied by the Turkish Delight flavoured smoke of a narguilé.

Simple and effective, but whether you like such a mix of the raw and refined can only be answered in one way. Definitely try this one before you buy.

Bell jar

Show more reviews of Fumerie Turque...

Add your review of Fumerie Turque