Fougère d'Argent

Tom Ford
Tom Ford
Creative Director

Reviews of Fougère d'Argent by Tom Ford

There are 15 reviews of Fougère d'Argent by Tom Ford.

A blast of a bright ginger and crisp cistus start it off, with a coumarin joining in a bit later to provided an additional restrainedly spicy undertone. A transient touch of mandarin with some powdery stages are also noticeable.

Then a lavender is added, which develops on the backdrop of a woodsy patchouli impression (Akigalawood); both reek of laboratory chemicals.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and a longevity of eight hours on my skin.

W hist the name of this autumnal scent describes its colour wee, there is little that this generic and ultra-synthetic concoction has in common with a classic fugère. It is, however, not without a touch of originality, and its good performance is as one expects from such a chemical soup. 2.5/5
May 15, 2021

Fougere Argent is a lavender + coumarin prominent fougere fragrance that is sweet and bold, rigid in its conformity to the fougere standard and lifeless in personality or concept. The opening and early stages are loud and kind of stiff, while the later stages get better and better. I guess this product fills a slot on the fragrance to do list, but I don't see a reason to prefer this fougere over the dozens of others on the market that have a little more of anything different. I do smell a slight green resin only noticeable in the first hour. Also the base does even things out nicely and after a few hours the akigalawood adds a sheen that is probably the saving feature for this one - but you have to wait for hours to get that. Towards the end of the day the basenotes polish off all of the bumps and objections from the brassy beginning into a well honed luminescent perfectly glowing soft masculine fougere fragrance. Rating: 2.8 of 5 stars.
Apr 4, 2021

This is clearly based on that lavender chemical that blows out my nose, leaving me unable to smell it. While I trust that I smell of metallic lavender to passers-by, all I can smell is a very faint cinnamon amber, followed by a cheap aquatic "woody amber" drydown taken straight from an Axe body spray.

Thumbs all the way down. Bad composition, bad chemistry, and a terrifyingly cheap base all combine into a complete failure.
Sep 3, 2020

Didn't really like how the noted combined in this one. Fougere Platine is better blended that this one. OK, but nothing I see myself purchasing. 6.5/10
Dec 31, 2019

I'm not sure exactly why this is widely viewed as a take on a "traditional" fougere, given how this scent is so brazenly and abstractly synthetic that it's borderline futuristic. As the name suggests, there's a metallic edge here, though this is essentially a warm scent, an amber cloaked in hazy, green-tinged woody notes. Not very "natural" but still distinctive and appealing.

I find this to be quite a pungent, loud fragrance, and it lasts for ages on skin. I can only assume folks are going nosedeaf to it; when my wife wears it, she loses her ability to detect it fairly quickly, but it remains very detectable to any passersby.
Oct 30, 2019

A quite nice skin scent to remind you how much you used to love classic masculines. Spicy sweet cologne-tipped fougere.

But.

Abysmal performance. Wore a 5ml decant twice(2.5ml worth of sprays each) and could barely smell it on myself. For Tom Ford it’s a performance shocker, as one his scents usually project! Sometimes to the dismay of people who hate perfume.

Finally.

For the price, this is a rare NO from me. Stock up if you live it. I can’t imagine this sticking around long.
Jul 21, 2019

Show more reviews of Fougère d'Argent...

Add your review of Fougère d'Argent