Fleurs d'Oranger

Overall

About Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens

Where to buy Fleurs d'Oranger

Reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens

There are 74 reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens.

Opulent rich thick orange blossoms, narcotic tuberose, warm cumin.
Isn't it hot in here…?
Sep 1, 2021

It's a sultry, thick, juicy white blossom growing out of an armpit in a countryside outhouse.

It's glorious if you have a taste for it.
Unfortunately, I don't.
Try before you buy.
Aug 23, 2021

Blind buy for me..... oops. From reading all the positive reviews I thought I would love it but I don't. I don't know if it's the orange blossom or the tuberose but it's a smell I've encountered before in perfumes and plug in air fresheners and I find it revolting... All I can smell is that one dominant note. It's heavy. It's cloyingly sweet. It has some gooey and some sharpness but basically linear. It's just overwhelming to me. I have other Serge Luten's perfumes: Amber Sultan and Chergui and find them very pleasing.
May 19, 2021

Punchy citrus and tuberose opening the flows into jasmine notes. Sadly this floral bomb doesn't last long, it starts out so strong and so thick eventually ends up almost a dry and grassy note. I feel there is something missing here and perhaps tea notes might round this out.
May 19, 2021

The opening is a lovely and intense orange blossom, mixed with cumin to add a spicy undertone. Soon an strong and slightly indolic tuberose arises (Indian per the description), together with an intense and dark-ish green and slightly earthy jasmine note. A lemon zest shimmers in the background adding touches of brightness.

Touches of florals - hibiscus, whiffs of a soft muguet, and a dash of freshly ground nutmeg add further depth.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent fir cooler summer days mixes the orange side with some spice - not an usuual idea, see, for instance, earlier compositions like Creed's Orange Spice. Unlike in the latter, in this Lutens the spices are dialled back and the fruit is the main player on me. It is rather linear, bu crafted very well. 3.5/5 3.5/5.
Apr 24, 2021

I'm a bit intimidated as I try to find words to do this justice, but something must be said. I went to Bois de Jasmin, where words like, "sultry," "opulent," "lush," and "demanding" are used, and phrases like, "heaving mass of blossoms." and, "salty, woody note of cumin," have obviously been pondered upon. Then there was this, ".... if one expects a well-behaved and demure floral, discovering the true nature of this fragrance will be a shock. It is unabashedly decadent, heady and rich." I may revisit to try to add my own words, but these words are so close to perfect. I feel I can do no better.......blissssssss.
Dec 9, 2020

Show more reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger...

Add your review of Fleurs d'Oranger