Fleurs d'Oranger

Serge Lutens

Fleurs d'Oranger is a shared scent launched in 1995 by Serge Lutens

Where to buy Fleurs d'Oranger

Reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens

There are 76 reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens.

Starting off as a conflagration of white florals, Fleurs d'Oranger has a larger than life grove of orange blossoms accompanied by heady jasmine that at first would lead one to think "oh, this is extra" but just lean into it. Revel in its creamy, vertiginous voluptuousness. It's a bit intoxicating, and after some time, the spiciness and woodiness converge with these florals.

The turn of events in Fleurs d'Oranger may startle many but it is what made fall for it, hook, line, and sinker. The woods and spice grow a bit more fierce: everyone discusses the cumin here, but it isn't front and center, but it does add a shade of funk that I love. It adds interest here rather than completely arresting the wearer, and to my nose, it isn't nearly as dirty or sweaty as others might suggest. Then again, I love fragrances like Mazzolari Lui, L'Air de Rien, and Diptyque L'Autre.

The dry down is a rosy, spicy, musky woods with whispers of the white florals enduring; if sprayed on clothes, they remain far longer, naturally. I'm sorry, what can I say? I am a Sheldrake fanboy. This is brilliant.

I enjoyed the deep citrusy-orange opening, but the composition changed in the drydown. I don't mind cumin in fragrances, but I think it's the combination with tuberose that makes me think of an old person's breath. I know, it's a weird description, but it smells a bit off.

Definitely sample before you buy. Never blind-buy this.

Opulent rich thick orange blossoms, narcotic tuberose, warm cumin.
Isn't it hot in here…?

It's a sultry, thick, juicy white blossom growing out of an armpit in a countryside outhouse.

It's glorious if you have a taste for it.
Unfortunately, I don't.
Try before you buy.

Blind buy for me..... oops. From reading all the positive reviews I thought I would love it but I don't. I don't know if it's the orange blossom or the tuberose but it's a smell I've encountered before in perfumes and plug in air fresheners and I find it revolting... All I can smell is that one dominant note. It's heavy. It's cloyingly sweet. It has some gooey and some sharpness but basically linear. It's just overwhelming to me. I have other Serge Luten's perfumes: Amber Sultan and Chergui and find them very pleasing.

Punchy citrus and tuberose opening the flows into jasmine notes. Sadly this floral bomb doesn't last long, it starts out so strong and so thick eventually ends up almost a dry and grassy note. I feel there is something missing here and perhaps tea notes might round this out.

Show more reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger...

Add your review of Fleurs d'Oranger