Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Serge Lutens
Creative Director

Where to buy Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Reviews of Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens

There are 59 reviews of Five O'Clock Au Gingembre by Serge Lutens.

This promised to be an iffy wear for me, what with the note pyramid and various reviews suggesting a gourmand–not my favorite genre. Fortunately, the candied ginger and honey don't come across so sweet on my skin, and the cocoa read as unsweetened or bittersweet. JackTwist's review cites an uncredited oud/cedar note as a negative; I got what I thought was oud as a positive, which makes me wonder if some aromachem in the base eventually got reclassified as a synthetic oud. But then, it could be the cocoa/pepper/patchouli combo, and perhaps that's also what reads as cola to other noses.

Regardless, this has turned out to be quite the enjoyable wear, running neck-and-neck with La Couche du Diable for favorite amongst my small selection of Lutens samples
Sep 14, 2021

I detect the lemon and ginger others have commented on but for some strange reason (is something strange here or is it just me? oh OK it's just me) I seem to pick up some kind of sweet cherry vibe every so often wafting through the air. I wish this lasted just a little longer and had a bit more presence but for now I must content myself to search for the lost cherry. Planning on buying this one for sure!
Feb 29, 2020

Another brilliant Christopher Sheldrake composition, from the halcyon years of SL fragrances. Perfectly evocative of that time in late afternoon during which a quick spot of tea, and a spiced biscuit, are a refreshing pick-me-up. Goes well with a nice slug of whisky, too. Highly recommended for any discerning fragrance aficionado.
Dec 23, 2019

Milky-sweet ginger woods. That's not anything I'm looking for so I wouldn't seek it out. But it's certainly nice enough and better than lots of things out there. Lasts all day, though with pretty modest projection.
Nov 5, 2019

Crystallized, candied ginger over a bed of warm spices. Slightly sour and astringent in the top, with the characteristic Lutens "sheen" and dried fruits. I don't get much of the tea to be honest, but as the fragrance dries down, I do get the cacao, honey, and amber. I was recommended this because of my love for L'Artisan's Tea For Two, but I think that I still perfer Tea For Two. Still, this is a pleasant fragrance, and one that I wouldn't mind owning, though not in my top 5 Lutens fragrances. Try wearing this on a warm day as opposed to a cold one - the crystallized ginger and bergamot become more prominent, and this sparkles quite nicely.
Jun 23, 2019

Nothing special here at all.

Gingerbread, honey and cola.

Longevity & projection are both poor!!
May 25, 2019

Show more reviews of Five O'Clock Au Gingembre...

Add your review of Five O'Clock Au Gingembre