First Instinct
Abercrombie & Fitch (2016)

Overall

About First Instinct by Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch
Drom

Where to buy First Instinct

Reviews of First Instinct by Abercrombie & Fitch

There are 8 reviews of First Instinct by Abercrombie & Fitch.

The opening is not that boozy, but I get a bit of the Gin & Tonic though. It tries to emulate a bit of a London Dry Gin, but the juniper is not convincing. Other the other hand, a bit of Tonic is there in the background. A fruity accord develops a bit later on, with a faint melon in it.

The drydown develops a transient citrus Accor with touches of lemon, as well as a dry and slightly powdery violet note, together with a light and bright notions of white peppers - Szechuan?

The base is characterised by heilte musk that are more intense than white musks often are these days. A touch of side suede is present,

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

A nice and bright scent for spring, this creation is hampered by being a tad too generic and a bit anaemic at times. 2.75/5
May 13, 2020

First Instinct is a summer appropriate, fresh fragrance that opens with a contrasting synthetic accord of tart citrus against a sweet powder musk accord. The sweetness reveals a slight watermelon aroma and the tart citrus connects to a bitter "violet" accord which gets buried in a base of soft musk and ambroxan. There are no natural aromas here in First Instinct - nothing in this scent has the ease and life giving aroma of an extract from any natural source, but the synthetic elements are nicely blended into an innocent and happy young scented fragrance. First Instinct smells really good from several feet away and is a more or less perfect summertime fragrance. Up close the synthetic nature has a sharpness that is not very pleasant. The projection and strength of the fragrance dies down quickly and loses all of the brashness of its opening flurry. The scent is a nice, easy to enjoy, fun fragrance that smells like a heavily sugared tart citrus and melon carbonated beverage that was converted to perfume. Not bad. I would rate it 6 of 10 stars.
Jun 13, 2018

The opening of First Instinct is all sweet melon backed up by a clean violet leaf. Very strong and refreshing!

The drydown still has a little of the melon but it's mostly just a synthetic sweet/clean scent that will surely garner compliments.

I get very loud projection for many hours and the scent hangs around all work day.
Jan 7, 2018

It's sweet, but a fresh sweetness. I smell a lot of cucumber, that might be because I like cucumber in my gin and tonic. A nice present for a young man!
Dec 22, 2017

I notice review sites and YouTubers mentioning a similarity to CH Men by C. Herrera.

I get the sweetness but this, to me, is sweet fruit and not sugar itself.

Not too fruity though, I am really liking it.

There's a tartness that does not die down after an hour or so like others where base notes like musk, woods or resins take over and finish off the lifespan of a scent.

It is still going after 8 hrs. on me.
Definetly warm weather scent and i dont feel awkward wearing it even though I am not a teen or early twenty-something.

Apr 23, 2017

Love this juice! Fantastic release IMHO. As soon as I sprayed it, it reminded me of a stronger and younger take on Carolina Herrera Chic.

Sweet, fruity(sugared melon)with a bit of pepper and some clean musk is mostly what I pick up. Projection seems to be average, but the longevity I've found to be surprising good! Not to mention the pricepoint is terrific on this as I got a 100ml tester for less than $30 shipped.

Only knock, is that it does come off a bit "young" smelling(like H.S./college)....but I don't care because it smells so darn good.;)

*Edit* Just blind bought a bottle of Jimmy Choo Man on the cheap....if you want a little more grown up version(or a slightly different take)on First Instinct, JC Man is worth a sniff IMHO.
Mar 26, 2017

Show more reviews of First Instinct...

Add your review of First Instinct