Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes
Etat Libre d'Orange (2012)

Overall

Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes by Etat Libre d'Orange

About Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes by Etat Libre d'Orange

Etat Libre d'Orange
Ralf Schwieger

Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes is a shared scent launched in 2012 by Etat Libre d'Orange

Reviews of Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes by Etat Libre d'Orange

There are 18 reviews of Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes by Etat Libre d'Orange.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. I finished a small decant, then sprang for the 30mL bottle. I love those 30mL bottles--so sad ELdO discontinued them. I was about to buy a second 30ML, but it was sold out before I could...

Anyway, I love this in fall and spring. There is just enough citrus, and just enough vanilla, and it is perfect during the day for either season. This wears pretty close to the skin on me, so I found it very work appropriate. I did not get the curry /Thai or Vietnamese dinner that so many others do. I found it slightly powdery (maybe that was the rice) and slightly spicy, and overall very well blended.

Unfortunately, my partner hates this. I can't imagine why. I will therefore not spring for a 50mL or larger size.

I guess I can call this one a gourmand, as almost instantly I get the smell of a rice pudding with milky coconut and some spices. Although there are times when I get a floral body lotion, actually more a suntan lotion, due to the coconut.

A very nice, refreshing citrus opening. After it settles down, I kept getting wafts of what resembled a very nice, floral-sweet skin lotion. Projection is good, if not above average. Listed as unisex but this is too feminine for me, but a nice scent nonetheless. I enjoy smelling this but not something I desire to wear.

An artful rendering of notes reminiscent of Filipino or Thai food. Alternatively, after the drydown, it reminds me of Indian rice pudding. I'm a sucker for cardamom (in this, Bigarrade Concentree, Bergamote 22, and others, but cardamom's body funk can be overwhelming (e.g. Jo Malone Mimosa Cardamom). Not so here. The Cardamom has a light touch, and the lemongrass cuts the bite of the coconut milk notes so that the overall effect isn't cloyingly sweet. I could see this working as well at the office as at a beach party; it strikes me as very versatile. I think I will use some store credit to procure a bottle.

This is an interesting one. I got a free sample of this a while ago, tried a little bit on the back of my hand, then forgot about it. I've been re-visiting all of my samples and this was today's choice. When I first put it on, I got coconut, tangy citrus and rice – specifically, fresh steamed jasmine rice, straight from the cooker. Nice, but unusual in a perfume. A quick check of the notes online, and yep, coconut, rice and lime are a few of the ingredients in this. Half an hour in, the cardamom and ginger appeared. Three hours in and it's mostly faded away, which is a shame – I can only pick up a faint citrusy tang now. Nice, but the staying power, on me at least, is weak.

Very nice and nothing more. There's nothing offensive here, to my nose. 'Jrr2ok' and 'tempest moon' offer reviews similar to my experience. I can't pick out any one note especially well. This one's well-blended and wearable. Lasts all day and performs just to my liking. (Not too strong). Although I like it, and it wears well, I wouldn't say it's an every day fragrances, nor would I buy a bottle. Would be suitable for a man or woman.

Show more reviews of Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes...

Add your review of Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes

Bo Darville matildaben lionheart More

Members who own Fils de Dieu du Riz et des Agrumes

unregistered Griff mharvey816 RUDOLFO512 R J L'Aventurier Kal1973 Vmaster pelle Ckrickett mikeperez23 Juxtapozbliss Kiliwia Ebenas 1littledragon Nj guy distortech ClaireV ankali More