Encre Noire Sport

About Encre Noire Sport by Lalique

Lalique

Where to buy Encre Noire Sport

Reviews of Encre Noire Sport by Lalique

There are 40 reviews of Encre Noire Sport by Lalique.

Encre Noire Sport is yet another masterpiece from Lalique. Although I would agree that the entire construct of this perfume is not that great, because composition wise, this is just added freshness to the Encre Noire's original composition. However, this is still an extremely well done fragrance that manages to blend grapefruit like freshness with something as damp and forest-y as vetiver in a very well rounded and coherent way. My only single gripe with this fragrance is its performance, although it lasts long, it doesn't project that much. That could also be the case because it has a lot of ISO E Super and people go noseblind to it real quick.
Nov 7, 2021

I will start by saying I wouldn't recommend Encre Noir Sport as your entry into the line. The reason is Sport basically takes a watered down Encre Noir and adds an amazing grapefruit note. That may sound like a knock on Encre Noir Sport but it actually is not. I love this. If you start with Encre Noir or L'Extreme and like either one this makes for a great addition. Yes you can take the amazing dark, swirling vetiver and woods of either and make it fresh and worthy of a 'Sport Label'. That grapefruit note is absolutely magic. When I'm at home I tend to drench myself in this when I wear it. It's like wearable vetiver essential oils(the entire line). Thumbs up!
Oct 23, 2021

If Encre Noir is a statement, this is a kind of muddled apology.

This is pure avarice over perfumery. "Someone in marketing just sent me a memo".
Sep 5, 2021

Encre Noire Sport Review:

My personal favorite "Sport" fragrance. Although the name really doesn't do this fragrance justice. You'll find that out as soon as you spray this for the first time.

This is the perfect fragrance for those of you who may have found the original just a bit too heavy. This is essentially a lighter version with new elements added. It's a composition composed of a grapefruit opening, aquatic/lavender mid, and vetiver base. This makes for the PERFECT fragrance. This has a beautiful balance to it that the original lacks when it comes to my personal taste.

This would never feel out of place for any occasion. Whether it be work, a special dinner, or just a casual day out with friends. It accomplishes the rare feat of feeling classy and casual at the same time. It's especially perfect for those rainy Spring days.

Best Age Group- 25+
Best Season- Spring
Occasions- Casual, Work
Projection/Sillage- Medium
Longevity- 9 Hours
Smell- 9.5/10
Overall- 9.5/10

YouTube Channel: theaveragecologneguy
Jul 17, 2021

I purchased Encre Noire and its two flankers, i.e. this one and Encre Noire à l'extrême, from a friend who is getting rid of his entire fragrance collection.

My introduction to vetiver fragrances is recent, and it came via the purchase of Terre d'Hermès, which I absolutely love. That's why it made sense to jump on this opportunity to get all three Encre Noire outings from Lalique at a very reasonable price (40$ for the three).

Full disclosure here, I don't dislike Encre Noire, but it is quite a funky smell to get accustomed to. It is, as its name so accurately says, pretty "inky", almost smelling like a vetiver bomb with the kind of whiffs you'd get when sitting in a room filled with opened up black ink cartridges. I think Encore Noire Sport is a much more approachable scent for various reasons, and to my nose the added brightness really makes the woodiness shine through a lot more, albeit differently.

Reading all these reviews around here honestly kind of puzzles me: maybe my nose is totally off-base, but as you'll notice in my review, I don't get a very inky, watery, "damp wood" type of scent from this. There doesn't appear to be an actual consensus among reviewers, but I seem to be getting something different than what is described in the couple of reviews that I read on here.

When you spray it on, Encre Noire Sport is pretty much a vetiver bomb, like the original Encre Noire, with some added freshness that curiously does not come off as very citrusy to me (the notes pyramid seems to indicate otherwise), but clearly makes it distinct from the original. You can tell right away, it is brighter, not nearly as "inky".

As this dries down, though, the vetiver seems to tone down a notch, blending in with other woody notes. However, the woodiness in this flanker is very different than the woodiness in the original, where you'd get this "rainy forest" type of wet, woody notes. Here, I felt like I was sitting in a sawmill filled with freshly cut, dry lumber. And I really enjoyed it, because it's a totally fresh take (no pun intended) on woodiness that I find absolutely pleasing.

The aquatic notes didn't come off as very straightforward to my nose as in, let's say, an Acqua Di Gio type of fragrance (of course they didn't!) to be honest, but there is no doubt that they're subtly carrying the woodiness here with a bit of freshness rather than wetness, which really differentiates the woodiness in this flanker from the "damp forest aspect" attributable to the woody notes in the original. This feels drier, cleaner, brighter and overall better, at least to my nose.

I would definitely recommend this product if you like vetiver and woody notes, especially considering how inexpensive it is. While its sillage and projection are moderate, the longevity of this product is pretty outstanding at 7+ hours. This is probably best worn during spring and fall at daytime.
May 11, 2021

Prefer this to the original - I get a minty/acquatic blast in the opening and then in settles into a 'brighter' version of the OG. Good value.
Mar 31, 2021

Show more reviews of Encre Noire Sport...

Add your review of Encre Noire Sport