Eau Sauvage

Overall

About Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Christian Dior
Pierre Dinand

This classic citrus fragrance by Dior is a favourite of many. Packaged in a very classy bottle and a classy box to match. A more "Extreme" version is available (in black packaging) called 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'. Other Dior fragrances for men include Fahrenheit and most recently, Dune for Men.

Where to buy Eau Sauvage

Reviews of Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

There are 264 reviews of Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior.

An excellent all time classic. Roudnitska raised the bar for masculine scents with this superb fresh and manly creation. Very fresh and very complex in the vintage formula and still a lovely citrus scent in today's slightly attentuated version. You must try if you haven't.
Aug 16, 2021

Scents are to be weared. This is a statement of the obvious, not so if you take in mind scents can wear the wearer: this happens when the scent is invasive (i.e. mounstrous sillage). This is not the case of Eau Sauvage: it shares many points in common with classic EdCs, a citric base, some herbs, Hedione, a synthetic molecule that provides jasmine - like accords and oakmoss to the extent allowed by regulatory offices.

Expect from it all the beauty of traditional Eau De Colognes plus some more - not notes, I mean, discretion, as demanded by good taste. You might as well contrast it with today's Sauvage to check how things changed in fifty years. Yes, the sense of elegance either changed or dissapeared.
Aug 15, 2021

Always liked this one so I picked up another bottle aftee I couldn't locate a replacement for my Dior Homme Cologne. Still great, but there was something extra or new I'd never noticed before. Upon initial spray there was a note that immediately reminded me of another Dior favorite of mine, Fahrenheit. It faded fast so either I'd never noticed it before or it's part of a more recent formulation. Wish it had lingered longer and I'm certain it would be no mystery to better noses, but the renewed enjoyment of this classic is more than enough.

For those not content with Eau Sauvage's perceived longevity, try a spray on the neck and one on each wrist followed up by the same a few minutes after the first have thoroughly dried. Mine is very dry skin, even in humid central Florida, but this method has allowed me to enjoy many a fragrance I otherwise felt had questionable “performance”. Undeniably good juice and worth the attention.
Feb 19, 2021

My favourite fragrance of all time.

The addition of a ‘dirty' jasmine and herbs to a sparkling lemon top creates a real ‘thirst quenching' effect that the citrus itself could never achieve. I liken it to the effect of a good cup of English Breakfast Tea - it's not a cold, sparkling beverage but it has such a balance of invigoration and depth that when done properly will quench your thirst like nothing else.

Eau Sauvage is a timeless, intimate, ‘gentlemanly' and versatile fragrance. A real joy to wear.
Sep 7, 2020

The opening is not-too-sweet lemons with something kinda musty or animalic. It also has a slight herbal greeness. The animalic jasmine and patch combo kick in next, giving it that mature, almost feminine quality that many older scents have to my nose. It's not heavy it all. Feels versatile and could be quite effective in a warmer climate.

I'll comment on performance but my sample didn't come with any indication of what year it was produced, so I assume it's fairly recent and probably what's available in stock at retail. Projection was just okay throughout but longevity was pretty good, lasting 8 hours.
Aug 25, 2020

Now unrecognisable as the classic I remember from the 1970s. Weak with poor sillage and longevity and on me it smells like an old-fashioned tin of lemon scented wax polish. Not an unpleasant scent if you want to smell (faintly) like the furniture.
This review is of the EDT.
Jun 24, 2020

Show more reviews of Eau Sauvage...

Add your review of Eau Sauvage