Eau Imaginaire : Île Pourpre
Les Liquides Imaginaires (2016)

Overall

About Eau Imaginaire : Île Pourpre by Les Liquides Imaginaires

Reviews of Eau Imaginaire : Île Pourpre by Les Liquides Imaginaires

Sheer , ghostly and transparent...for me it was pretty much a skin scent after just a couple of minutes...it was kinda hard to smell while i was applying it....what i can smell is pretty good...get a slightly spicy fruit wine/punch with just a background trace of incense...deep and rich fruit...maybe a mix of fruit jam and liquor... some decent wood...if it wasn't for it being so weak i might have considered a bottle of this...
May 16, 2020

This take on fig is intensely fruity with a kind of distant, aloof demeanor. It's not heavy, but it is cool, somewhat reminiscent of a deep, dark red wine.

Ultimately, it's one of those niche scents that is, well, properly niche; it isn't likely to inspire an ardorous response except for the few enthusiasts who are thrilled by its unusual take on an already somewhat unusual note.
Sep 8, 2019

Delicate fruity perfume that is basically a skin scent 5 minutes after applying. It's blended very good and I really can't distinguish notes in particular other than it being fruity. The cool thing is that the fruits are not overly sweet so it's not your typical screechy fruity floral, everything is velvety smooth and transparent (maybe too transparent). I'm reminded of the dry down of Plum Japonaise, an EDC concentration of it. Sadly, after a few hours, what I only get are whispers of ambroxan.
Jun 23, 2019

Il Poupre is a mildly sweet, medium toned woods fragrance that has bits of fig, davana, iris, shiso, ginger, angelica with an ambroxan and cashmeran base to add warm cuddliness to the final impression. There is a large variety of various fragrant bits which form a complex but very generic smelling scent that lacks specific character, but is never offensive or unpleasant. This reminds me of the aroma of a freshly polished wooden cabinet that is pleasant but also not too,special. Il Poupre is a "jack of all trades and master of none" kind of generic unspecific woods tonal fragrance. Nice name, great bottle and a richly colored dark ruby purple scent that I really wish I could rave about, but, it doesn't really happen for me.
Mar 20, 2017

I really like this house. This is only the third fragrance I have tried from them, but have yet to be disappointed. I got a sample of this one from Barneys in Vegas. It lasts for about 3 hours on me, but those 3 hours are pretty fantastic. I don't find very much evolution which is fine because I really dig the opening. I find it to be a mix of spice and black licorice with a smooth boozy undertone. It smells classy and elegant with enough youth for me to wear comfortably. Probably wouldn't buy a full bottle due to the longevity...though maybe I can talk myself into it.
Feb 2, 2017

The 'pyramid' looks frightening but really this is a more deeper, richer version of Dom Rosa from the same House -- substituting a fruity red wine for that one's 'champagne' notes.

A wonderful restrained woody accord [with hints of a sweet curry] permeate the base, which lasts for ages - on me anyway.

Expensive but wonderful-- especially for winter.
Jan 10, 2017

Show more reviews of Eau Imaginaire : Île Pourpre...

Add your review of Eau Imaginaire : Île Pourpre