Eau Dynamisante

Overall

About Eau Dynamisante by Clarins

Clarins
Pierre Dinand

This fragrance is suitable for both men and women. Full of natural plant based ingredients. Designed to lift your spirits!

Where to buy Eau Dynamisante

Reviews of Eau Dynamisante by Clarins

There are 31 reviews of Eau Dynamisante by Clarins.

If red Vermouth were a perfume, it might smell like this. Dynamisante is red, citrus, herbal and spicy; but softer, mellowed by sweet and woody-powdery notes.

It has a salubrious touch, which makes me think of muscle rub. And that means oil of wintergreen or Methyl salicylate, which Wikipedia describes as
‘a fruity odour reminiscent of root beer [which is often by association] called “minty” because of its use in mint candies’.

Medicinal and slightly camphoraceous - as well as herbal and softly perfumed - Eau Dynamisante was the original Clarins which fell somewhere between perfume and medication.

If you took away the red hue, and allow the green tint of herbs to come through, you might have something like l’Occitane’s Eau des 4 voleurs. This was based on a home made concoction used by a gang of thieves - who burgled plague victims during the Black Death. But even though it has ancient origins, the 4 Thieves’ Water didn’t appear until 4 years later. Dynamisante may be a perfume outlier, but it hasn’t been without influence.

I have the impression it’s not the same as it used to be. This vintage version feels richer and more powdery than the modern one, which a friend took to a clinic to recouperate from an operation. I don’t know whether it protected them from MRSA, or the Plague, but I can say they made a full recovery.
Sep 17, 2021

Fresh, bright citrus. Juicy. Hint of warm spice. The top is mostly a bunch of sunshine, in a bottle... This scent becomes a mix of light florals and herbs. It has a slight medicinal accord, at times.

Light patchouli, later on. Overall, a fairly light fragrance. Summery and never heavy.

More patchouli, hours later. A good day scent.
Dec 20, 2019

Here we are in front of a concept of perfumery. Perhaps many people do not understand what I mean to say, but surely if the reader had the ability to use his nose as his ears he would understand this mystery.

There is a perfume, Eau Dynamisante (1987), whose Nose has created without any market scheme, and this one is a great work of Jacques Courtin.

Currently I can consider this scent more creative than 90% of Niche fragrances.

This fragrance introduces a new concept of unisex elegance! Magnificent, considering when it was launched, a link between past and future.
If this perfume were music it would play as the Elegy of Rachmaninov!

Using the same elegance accord after 7 years we have another masterpiece, L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme (1994) whose Nose, Jacques Cavallier, created with Japanese citron and mandarin playing with geranium and vetiver.

There are three ingredients really interesting, the ones which give originality to this perfume: cinnamon, verbena and sandalwood!

The character of this fragrance is certainly less pompous than the Clarins one, abandoning all connections with the past giving up the power of flowers.

If this fragrance were music would be a topic of Turandot by Giacomo Puccini shooting from Elegy of Rachmaninov.

Now we have a perfume by Hermes, ten years later! In this one we have only elegance without originality,Terre d'Hermès (2006). Here Jean-Claude Ellena used grapefruit and orange playing with geranium and vetiver.

There are three ingredients really interesting which trivialize this perfume: pepper, patchouli and benzoin.

If this perfume were music? It would be a child who is learning to play!
Jun 7, 2015

This starts off with a bright, fresh, lemon, supported by a dry petit grain.

It then dries down to a pleasant, though unremarkable, herbal and dry spice mix.

Top notes: Orange, Coriander, Caraway, Lemon, Petit Grain
Heart notes: Rosemary, Carnation, Cardamom, Thyme
Base note: Patchouli

A refreshing summer splash, but nothing at all remarkable in the world of scents.

Aug 13, 2014

This is the perfect skin scent for me. Clean and very comfortable. I wear it all year round and layer it with other fragrances. It does seem to have a "pick me up" effect on me.

Being a fan of patchouli (within reason), the drydown is perfect.

*EDIT: 5/24/16 (give or take a few months). They have changed the formula. I ran out of an old bottle and went to the store (Dillards) to pick up more. I am glad I tried it first. They have added some sort of musk to it. I don't like the smell of most artificial musks, they smell almost metallic to me. The change has completely brought down the lightness and airiness of the scent, added an unpleasant note, made it vaguely masculine and smell a bit cheap.

It's been a basic in my fragrance wardrobe for over 20 years. Sadly, I don't think it will be going forward unless I can find an original formulation on ebay.
Mar 16, 2014

Unpleasantly sweet and spicyIf you like a very sweet, gourmand, coriander-like spice biscuit, then this is for you. I find it intensely sweet and unpleasant.
Sep 26, 2013

Show more reviews of Eau Dynamisante...

Add your review of Eau Dynamisante