Eau de Soleil Blanc

Overall

About Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

Where to buy Eau de Soleil Blanc

Reviews of Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford

There are 7 reviews of Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford.

Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc was released several years ago as a flanker to Soleil Blanc, fittingly lighter, fresher, and less dense than the original, a light-and-creamy fresh floral that has a hint of sunscreen, the main notes being citruses, a parade of white florals (tuberose, jasmine, ylang ylang), and vanilla. It does have a slight aquatic vibe, maybe midway between freshwater and saltwater, helping it be bit a bit more transparent than the original.

Like most of the “Eau”-named releases of the Private Blend Collection, Eau de Soleil Blanc is in EDT concentration and priced well below the main line's EDP entries–in this case, the retail pricing is $184/134 for 100/50ml. In that respect, it's a reasonable compromise and logical alternative to the original Soleil Blanc, whose retail pricing is at the standard $250 for 50ml.

Overall, it's decent, though I imagine most would lean toward the original Soleil Blanc for its strength, despite the higher price, though Eau does perform reasonably well, also.

7 out of 10
May 4, 2021

Creamy and floral, it has the sun cream vibe which is done nicely if this what you're after.
Jul 29, 2019

This is really lovely. It's 100% beachy suntan lotion vibes as others have said (which does make me wonder if I should just slather on the real thing for much cheaper). But, it's a very pleasant scent, and as someone who has looked through every "blue" fragrance for something I liked and come up with nothing, this feels like a very good summer frag to me.

Some others have said that it comes off too feminine. And yes I do get more floral notes in the drydown, but I think it's certainly unisex. I don't want to live in a world where men can't put on something that smells like coconut.

I do feel that the longevity is lacking, but I have yet to find a summer frag I've loved that lasts any longer so that's not a great concern. Would like to try the EDP soon but haven't gotten the chance
Jun 15, 2019

The opening blast combines lemon, orange and bergamot with a greenish undertone. That all does sound fresh and summery and it is indeed, but the freshness is lightly attenuated by a slightly spicy undertone that features some cardamom and pepper mainly. A touch of caraway adds some depth.

The jasmine adds a sweet creaminess that is otherwise mainly due to a nice ylang-ylang; jasmine and a good lashing of sea coconut are also coming to the fore with time, and, with some help of the marketing-led imagination, the whole has a bit of a suntan character.

The base is increasingly a vanilla affair, sweet and a touch heavy.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and six hours of longevity on my side.

This summery beachy scent is quite nicely conceptualised, with a core idea similar to that of Bond No. 9's Fire Island, with the latter a touch more creative and showing more texture in spite of its comparatively simpler composition. Still, whilst the base is a bit boring, otherwise this one is done nicely, but it is rather generic at times. 2.75/5.
Apr 26, 2019

Tom Ford does Coconut tanning lotion.
every woman I've shown this to has loved it,....women love coconut I guess.
Apr 8, 2019

Great scent!. I tried it at the shopping mall and it took me to the beach instantly.

IS the type of scent that change your mood, perfect for summer, spring, the beach. I enjoy when I am wearing it.

* Longevity is really nice on me for a fresh one (6-8 hrs.) and it stays on my clothes for 2 days.
* Sillage is moderate but people around you can definitely smell you.
* Projection is moderate.

I love it!, it take me to a relaxing mood with good memories (beach vacations).
Dec 12, 2018

Show more reviews of Eau de Soleil Blanc...

Add your review of Eau de Soleil Blanc