Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version)
Christian Dior (2020)

Overall

Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

About Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

Christian Dior

A new version of Dior Homme. The original will still available as Dior Homme Original.

Reviews of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior

There are 26 reviews of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version) by Christian Dior.

Dior Homme EdT 2020 version is a soft and subtle slightly woody cologne that takes the place of fragrances such as Pour Monsieur and Tiffany for Men. It opens with lemony bergamot warmed with light elemi resin that is accented with pink pepper, patchouli, and vetiver. The characteristic Dior Homme softness is present with cashmeran and musk but no iris or leather. Overall the fragrance has an even handed but lasting character. Does it lack boldness? Yes, but you would be hard pressed to find a better soft masculine scent that is perfect for everyday wear and will not wear you out.

Before I give my take, I should note that I have no affinity one way or another toward the original Dior Homme. I don’t own it but don’t hate it, so my view of Dior Homme 2020 isn’t clouded by my love/hate of the original.

That said, I don’t have much to say about Dior Homme 2020. It has about as much character as a brown paper bag. I don’t hate it, but it’s far from the first “office-safe” fragrance I’d wear.

That’s not to say Dior Homme 2020 is bad (though I wouldn’t call it good). Its basically a mix of synthetic woods dressed up with some Dior class, which is better than much of what you will find at Macy’s or Sephora.

I can also appreciate its understated style. It would be a good gift for a father, brother, or basically anyone for whom you don’t know their taste. It just doesn’t work for me personally, and if something like Dior Homme 2020 sounds like your jam, I’d sooner point you to a fragrance like Hermes H24, which I also find middling, but which has much more character.

Super pleasing, easy to wear and one of the best blends of citrus and woods - opening to dry down - you’re going to find.

Signature scent worthy anytime, anywhere. Nothing succeeds like success, and Dior Homme 2020 succeeds on every level.

Purchased online thinking I vetted this as Dior Homme Original. I was wrong, and decided it was just easier to keep it.

It has become amusing to me the way Dior Homme 2020 was so universally trashed on in the fragrance community even as it was logical since they messed with what seemed like a fragrance that should stay as an all time classic.
As a Dior Homme Intense fan myself, I was certainly wary and dismissive of this before I wore it

The reality is that even hardcore snobs have had to come around and admit the truth; Dior Homme 2020 is an exceptional fragrance and a superstar office choice. The pink pepper/elemi along with the bergamot in the opening is delightful and the cedarwood-y blend with the vetiver and musk is top notch. Once I made sure I had Homme Intense, this became joy to own and wear. It is as classy as they come regarding office/formal scents. As long as it is judged as it's own fragrance and not a poor replacement for Dior Homme Original it could very well be the best choice as a daily signature office fragrance. Not to sweet, not too green, not too overpowering, fits any level of formal to casual, covers an entire spectrum of ages with a timeless class. This classes up a younger person and shows impeccable taste on an older man. I would go so far as recommending this as a great first choice if starting from scratch to choose a work scent.
Total thumbs up

Not the Homme I love but still a good scent. Crowd pleaser.
If you're looking at buying any Dior Homme get Homme Intense; the iris is beautiful.

Dior Homme (2020) has had quite a bashing since it was released, solely due to the marketing department at Dior having made a big mistake: using the exact same name of an existing popular fragrance, based around the iris note, originally released (by Dior) in 2005. The name confusion is no excuse really, as the 2020 version is a very good scent on its own and should not be confused with its predecessor, now known simply as 'Dior Homme Original'.

Dior Homme 2020 is a fresh and invigorating, masculine, woody scent that is a no-nonsense, versatile fragrance. Although it opens with bergamot and pink pepper, it takes many twists and turns before it dries right down, which bring to memory many other modern fragrances. Dior Homme 2020 contains a number of long-lasting synthetics such as ISO E Super (the cedar, 'pencil-shavings' note), a touch of ambroxan (ambergris, amber) and cashmeran (cashmere woods). The nearest related scents to my nose are Escentric 01 and Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules. It contains very little if any sweetness or powdery notes (a big plus for me). Some have drawn parallels with Terre d'Hermes in the opening and even Aventus in the far dry down. The entire scent comes across as something quite familiar, yet it becomes something hard to pinpoint.

Prospective buyers should not be put off by any of the notes/ingredients mentioned above or the scent's misleading name. The whole fragrance is totally inoffensive, office-friendly, can be worn dressed up or down and remains a crowd pleaser that never becomes overwhelming or cloying at any point.

This is quite the contrary to Dior's other recent chemical waste release, known otherwise as Sauvage, which was too overpowering when sniffed up close (yet surprisingly pleasant when smelled on others from a distance). Dior Homme 2020 feels entirely natural and airy. It blends well with skin chemistry and it lasts remarkably well on both skin and clothes. It was its 'pull factor' that had me smelling my arm after applying it.

All in all, a very appealing aroma that screams masculinity, class and sophistication. Just don't judge it by its label!

Show more reviews of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version)...

Add your review of Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version)

B More

Members who own Dior Homme Eau de Toilette (2020 version)

K Andyjreid JakeStiebs shpalman P broguesforsir T nishantdavid HFMIII Freddiee W tausti ToughCool TT2450 ScentSensei JimmyP Griff dieselboy77 I Ruffdiamond More