Dior Addict

Thierry Wasser

Dior Addict is a women's perfume launched in 2002 by Christian Dior

Where to buy Dior Addict

Reviews of Dior Addict by Christian Dior

There are 97 reviews of Dior Addict by Christian Dior.

I have the 2014 version and have never smelled the original formulation from 2002, so I can’t comment on that. But I find this to be a mostly vanilla scent. It is a thick and powerful vanilla that is not really like vanillas in modern perfumery, but it doesn’t exactly smell vintage either. It is very sweet, and very confident. I would not say that it is blind buy safe. To me, it is definitely more suited to autumn and winter as it does have a bit of a heavy vibe. And although it’s sweet, I wouldn’t say it gives flirty vibes, but more on the formal side. This is a fragrance for a confident woman who knows who she is. I could easily see this as one that can wear you instead of the other way around. I think it’s beautiful, and it has amazing longevity. Projection is moderate, as well as sillage.

The first big hit for Thierry Wasser; which shows he could do commercial work that was still creative (at least at the start of his career).
An abstract mix of milky plastic, chocolate-berries, and apricot orange-flower, Addict was an unlikely winner - but a big dose of vanilla grounds it on familiar territory and gives a weirdly moreish appeal.

By the way, the heart section is not that far from my hair conditioner...
which is maybe a backhanded compliment from the fragrance industry.

One of my favorites. I cannot smell it but everyone else stops me and asks what I am wearing. It is described as sexy and warm.

A good and safe blind buy from Dior. I wanted to see it's very similar to Lancôme Hypnôse or not because of the jasmine sambac and vanilla combo. And they're both done by Thierry Wasser.

Whilst Addict is not as flamboyant as Hypnôse, it is still a nice semi-sweet floral gourmand in the same genre.

In fact, if you like to wear Hypnose on a night out, you could wear this as a more casual alternative to the office.

This is going to be a negative review, and harsh, so please bear with me. Every once in a blue moon I have a bad reaction to a perfume, and just need to get it off my chest.

This is one that I’ve been smelling over the years, and forgot about it, and decided to test it again the other day. All kinds of images came flooding into my mind when I smelled this. Sometimes I do like a nice sandalwood or patchouli oil, an indolic jasmine, a rich vanilla..but this really isn’t any of those things. Take the worst elements of Angel, Obsession, Tabu, etc and let them sit out in the sun until they go rancid, then mix them with unwashed body odors/poor hygiene, and other real life depressing elements of addiction, and there you go. You have Addict. For the life of me I’ll never understand how scents like this are considered enticing or alluring. I find this to be truly ghastly and repulsive, and this is coming from someone who was a kid/ teenager during the socially acceptable loud 80s-90s perfume era. :/

Addict is such a weirdo. Some days, a mellow Organza-esque floriental, all orange blossomy vanilla goodness with a slightly woody/boozy undertone. Other days, an imbalanced lactonic monster firing on all eight burnt-plastic-baby-vomit cylinders.

At which point it reminds me of that line in Hole's "Celebrity Skin": "It's too early for that dress."

So I mostly save Addict for nighttime, when it becomes the perfect perfume accompaniment to velvets and silks and heavy lids and blood red lips and overindulgent dinners and obnoxious club music.

Show more reviews of Dior Addict...

Add your review of Dior Addict