Devin

Overall

About Devin by Aramis

Aramis
Bernard Chant

A green style fragrance launched by Aramis in 1978.
FIFI award winner in 1978

Where to buy Devin

Reviews of Devin by Aramis

There are 71 reviews of Devin by Aramis.

I love Aramis and many classic vintage fragrances from the 70s and 80s

Devin has many vintage qualities that I appreciate, mind you, I am commenting on the modern version.

It's vintage through and through but there's a powerful animalic tone that is overpowering and lingers from the start till the end.

Be afraid, be really afraid of the civet/musky note that will not go away!

It is very cheap nowdays tho!
Jun 25, 2021

Wow. This is what Polo should have been. A beautiful green, masculine scent. Devin has always been a complement getter for me along with Tuscany. Sadly I find the newer formulation a bit weaker than the original. All the notes are still there, just a bit watered down. Still beautiful and classic! An enthusiastic thumbs up!
May 14, 2021

I can't believe I missed this amazing classic green scent for so long.
Profoundly green with a chypre undertone, a super warm, sunny-meadow heart, with thickness of jasmine and honey and yet not sweet. Just a little woody sharpness for structure and a ghost of classic aramis holds it together. Genius.
Happy days!
Apr 11, 2021

Reminds me of walking along a promenade of pine trees in a hot country in the Med at dusk on the way to dinner. Wonderful smell and settles as a great, mature, green scent. Doesn't have the longevity of the OG Aramis or Havana but still a joy.
Mar 31, 2021

sour and vegetal. Cartier Santos and even Bogart Signature similar but fresher and more wearable. With Classic the only Aramis I dislike.
Nov 22, 2020

Aramis Devin EDT (current) -

To my nose, Devin is a kissing cousin of Halston Z-14. A very similar grassy, pine and mild cinnamon opening that moves through a heart of soft florals before wrapping up with a base of leather, musk and moss.

I was concerned about the floral heart of this one before I tested as heavy florals are not my preference. I was pleasantly surprised as they blended in with deft subtlety. The blending here is so good that nothing in particular stands out or dominates the overall experience.

Devin offers up a really pleasant composition that would wear comfortably in a casual or formal setting. Like the entire Aramis Gentleman's line, you get a 100ml bottle for around $20 bucks, which is tough to beat. Viva Aramis!

4.5 stars
Nov 22, 2020

Show more reviews of Devin...

Add your review of Devin