D600
Carner Barcelona (2010)

Overall

About D600 by Carner Barcelona

Carner Barcelona

Part of the 'Woody' collection.

Where to buy D600

Reviews of D600 by Carner Barcelona

There are 10 reviews of D600 by Carner Barcelona.

Really nice opening with buttery iris mixed up with a bit of pepper and smoke. Quickly vanilla appears to take the center stage, supported in the background by discrete woods. I get something almond like. Not that interesting as the beginning and not challenging, but nice overall. It's a harmless pleasant scent that will not offend anyone, very appropriate for the office.
I don't really get much resemblance with Dior Homme (which is better in every aspect), to me it's closer to Van Cleef and Arpels Bois d'Iris.
Mar 18, 2018

Gourmand but not sickly sweet. Vanilla and cardamom with a spicy kick. Dries down to linear vanilla that isn't too sweet. A dry vanilla. Cinnamon would have ruined it but they refrained from that cliche'.
Jul 14, 2017

Stardate 20170502:

A lightly spiced gourmandy cologne.
This is a style that was introduced to me by Yohji Homme and then APOM by MFK. D600 lies somewhere between these two but is not better than either.
Worth as sniff but not FBW for me.
May 2, 2017

This has the feel of a classically French, vintage-style perfume. It opens with vanilla & musk, lightly spiced with cardamom & pepper, & accented with subtle citrus notes. As it develops, there's incense, woods & a salty vetiver, & I swear I detect almonds or heliotrope, although these are not listed. At this point it reminds me of Alien Essence Absolue. There's a lot more going on here, but in amongst it, there's a very similarly incensy, almondy, oriental vibe. Ninety minutes in, this impression fades & I find it increasingly animalic & ambery, like a mix of castoreum & labdanum, two notes that I adore. The projection is excellent for several hours, only beginning to fade after ten hours.
I don't get iris here, & I've never smelled Dior Homme, so I can't make the comparison that others have. But I'm pleasantly surprised to find that this is just the kind of warm, sensual, animalic comfort scent that's right up my street. I'd still like to know what "D600" means, though.
Jan 27, 2016

Well done semi-fresh, semi-powdery, semi-sweet structure. The iris turned down to an acceptable level. I love this one.
Jan 21, 2016

Show more reviews of D600...

Add your review of D600