Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

About Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Chanel
Jacques Polge

Reviews of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette by Chanel

There are 5 reviews of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette by Chanel.

An excellent leather but suspiciously like No5 in boots.
Jan 10, 2021

The EDT EXCLUSIF tastes of a little of boot Polish and scents yummy on me,in spite of the Adelhydes and Florals. As a male, I find this relies more upon my own musk, than Civet animalic. It proves a winner over the current EDP, in that Chanel seems to have moved to a new woody base for it's Contemporary market.

1970's EDC scents much closer to Etro Gomma with an VERY present animalic.

A recent sample of 60's or 70's EDC confirms.
Feb 20, 2020

I've had a sample of Chanel Cuir de Russie that I think was from the 70s or 80s, and it was one of my favorite fragrances ever. Today I'm wearing the Les Exclusifs version of the edt, and it's also nice.

It opens with a blast that immediately brings the smell of a fresh baby to mind. As that association fades, it smells like a feminine leather, a soft red leather, true to its name.

The older version smelled a lot like civet. The newer version is all soft leather.
Oct 21, 2018

Riding school leather.
Smooth, smoky and old-fashioned.
Gender: French saddle.
Jan 28, 2018

Stardate 20180103:

A well constructed Russian leather. Smells like a Suede Purse of a lady with impeccable taste (the smell Femme Rochas was going for)

But Chanel's version is not my favourite. It leans more feminine than I like. I prefer Godet's version.

Jan 3, 2018

Add your review of Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

mariotgomez More

Members who own Cuir de Russie Eau de Toilette

Dr B1414 FiveoaksBouquet PStoller Robes08 Mak-7 jss *bloomy* Aerial Punk khanada Jcelello oolala30 Cook.bot Z Diamondflame purecaramel untilthe Dane Bonnette pelle Anastasia Beaverhausen More