Corsica Furiosa

About Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire

Parfum d'Empire

Corsica Furiosa is a shared scent launched in 2014 by Parfum d'Empire

Reviews of Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire

There are 16 reviews of Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire.

I love anything that's green or vegetal, so this hits the spot. The opening has one of the most realistic grass and tomato leaf combination that I've ever smelled before. There is a tiny bit of sweetness in the background, which seems to be coming from the honey. There's a tiny bit of citrus coming from the lime. The mint isn't a major player but I get where it's coming from.

The mid is where this fragrance starts to struggle as the green vegetal notes recede. It becomes a boring lifeless hay accord. This fragrance is a 5/5 based on the opening but the mid and base falls apart. I'm going to have to give it a mixed review.

A Corsican named Marc-Antoine
said "Try some of this perfume on.
It smells of maquis
and the moss near the sea,
and the breeze that blows through Avignon."

The opening phase is like being teleported to a Mediterranean mountainside in summer, with its bracing blast of crushed leaves & stems, & a touch of citrus. lt's like a wilder, more untamed version of Goutal's Eau du Sud, which l happen to own & love. l agree with Ebenas that it's not quite tomato leaf (which l am very familiar with from childhood), but more like "gorse on a hot dry day" or "sharp dusty shrub". lt's fantastic! The citrus is fleeting, & for a little while a bitterness comes to the fore, then after about twenty minutes it slowly warms & sweetens, as a hay/myrtle note dominates the heart, lightly spiced with cumin. The projection is moderate, but it lasts right through the day & most of the night, with an almost fig-like freshness in the base.

l'm not usually a lover of very green scents, & some of the reviews make this one sound quite intimidating, but as someone who loves spending time in Greece, l found this virtual trip to be a most enjoyable ride.

Corsica Furiosa is a dense green vegetal scent, with a prominent tomato leaf note. While I like green scents, I do not particularly care for the ones that are vegetal (for e.g. Devin); hence Corsica Furiosa is not to my liking. On my skin the tomato leaf dominates, though I also detect notes of galbanum and hay. It is very earthy, and somewhat bitter, though the bitterness subsides into the dry down. It also becomes a little resinous. Duration on my skin is good at around six hours, while sillage is moderate.

Corsica Furiosa would be a must try for anyone interested in vegetal green scents. I think this would work well in any weather, but perhaps better in summer. While I think it is well composed and interesting, perhaps even unique, it is just not at all to my personal tastes. However, if this were someone's signature scent, I would definitely want to meet that person.

I bought Corsica Furiosa a couple of years ago in LA, when I was staying down the road from Scent Bar. After an extended session of looking for the perfect bottle, I got this. I was looking for something cold, or flinty, or green. Well, I got cool and green. I've since decided that my fantasy of a 'flinty' scent will probably remain in the realms of dreams.

CF has a green which is sharp and somehow wild or weedy. I've read a lot of reviews talking of tomato leaf but that's not exactly what I get - we had tomato plants in a sunny room when I was a child and I love and would recognise the smell anywhere. What I smell here is more like a waft of weeds or gorse (green not flowers) on a hot dry day carried by the wind. There's also a citrus note that I love - sharp but not sweet. It's listed as lime, and it's absolutely lovely to see it done justice and not appearing with coconut!

It's definitely and uncompromisingly green, and all day I've been getting hits of sharp dusty shrub.

I love green scents - it was just a week or so ago that I was searching Basenotes for fragrances based on the tomato plant. So I was pretty thrilled when this fell into my lap as a random free sample from a beauty site. I doubted it at first sniff - rather than a fresh green vine-y note I got a slightly dry dusty one, like garden plants left too long without water in the sun. It won me over, though - the scent is complex and keeps intriguing me. As it develops I'm getting lots of earthy notes as well as a hint of something lemon-y. But the tomato plant note mentioned by several other reviewers really does dominate here.

I wish, wish, wish I could spritz this on - I have one of those little dabber samples and I never feel like I'm getting the right amount/coverage with those. Definitely considering a bottle.

Update: still love the scent of this, but it seems more suitable as a room fragrance or candle. I found the dusty green note wafting off my skin sort of disturbing after a few hours.

Show more reviews of Corsica Furiosa...

Add your review of Corsica Furiosa