Copal Azur

About Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas

Aedes de Venustas

Where to buy Copal Azur

Reviews of Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas

There are 8 reviews of Copal Azur by Aedes de Venustas.

deadidol compares Copal Azur to a nice bathroom cleaner. Take Armani Prive Sable Fume then add some ozone-marine fresh notes and there's your cold incense high-end bleach. I think this would smell great on a guy. Unfortunately I am not that guy.
Jun 4, 2021

I adore this perfume. It's one of the best incense perfumes that I know of. Luminous, bright opening with very crisp and clean incense! Good stuff!
Nov 26, 2017

Fire at Night by Francisco Goya 1794
Aug 5, 2017

First is a blast of Vick's Vapo-Rub. It then soften's into a quite beautiful incense symphony. More complex than my other incense faves " Cardinal" and "Bois d'Encens". A touch of patchouli interweaves and a most remarkably true camphorous Cardamom dances center stage and then stands back to a canvas of softened Myrrh and Blue Orchid. A dryness that brushes with LADDM.
It is here where it shares a moments exploration similar to Chanel's No. 18.
The "Ozonic" for me emerges later. It strikes me as masterful in composition and very wearable.
If you listen carefully, you can recognize the same structure in Oud Shamash. Bertrand Duchaufour

Wishlist definitely!!!
Feb 29, 2016

It smells like a bathroom cleaner, but a really good one. This is an incense fragrance that opens with a bang – a “blue” flame kind of effect carved from a snappy combo of aldehydes that gives it a feel not too far removed from one of those “blue” CdGs. From start to finish, it's clean – like OCD clean – which seems odd against incense, but it does work somehow. What bothers me about it, though, is the slight herbal tinge that seems sage-like – a note that I'm jut not a fan of. Even though I don't think this is something I'd wear by choice, I am impressed by how daring the approach is. I must admit, though, that it's a very poor performer; all the good parts are gone within 20 minutes, and what's left an insipid shadow of what came prior. If I were to sum it up in a just few words, I'd say it smells like someone just mopped the floor of a church with some top-shelf bleach.
Mar 4, 2015

When I originally heard the news of Copal Azul, I immediately thought about a cold / bright incense….well, this is not. At least not completely.

It opens with a sparkling and extremely clean incense note joined by a subtle ozonic accord. In this phase it vaguely brings to mind of other similarly themed incenses such as Liquide Imaginaires Sancti, Heeley's Cardinal and, to a lesser extent, Andrea Maack Craft or even Comme Des Garcons Blue Encens. This phase doesn't last long though and the fragrance morphes pretty quickly into a competent, if not completely deja-vu, sweet ambery incense middle-phase and drydown which are both comforting and boring at the same time.

Not bad after all. It's absolutely pleasant and well done but, in my opinion, also redundant and kind of formulaic too.

Jan 13, 2015

Show more reviews of Copal Azur...

Add your review of Copal Azur