Comme des Garçons Parfum

Comme des Garçons
Mark Buxton
Marc Atlan
Rei Kawakubo

As well as the standard packaging, this has also been available in various limited editions
"Red Velvet" (1995), "Snowing" (1996), "Jewel" (1997), Merry Xmas (1998), "Christmas Pillow" (1999).
Thank you to nqth for the Ltd Edition information.

Reviews of Comme des Garçons Parfum by Comme des Garçons

There are 39 reviews of Comme des Garçons Parfum by Comme des Garçons.

The opening is a beautiful blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. I just love how this smells from the cap. Unfortunately, the clove is a bit too strong for me in the drydown and is a bit too pungent.

This still smells like a masterpiece and it is one of the best scents from CDG. It might feel a bit dated to some people, but I think this is can still be a modern spicy. I don't think it leans into medicinal and it's definitely not animalic. Nothing fecal or smelly with this one, but I can see how some might smell it that way.

Excellent projection and longevity. I don't usually say this, but I would wear this more often if the projection was toned down. Sadly, I wasn't wearing this as much and gave it away to a collector. I'm torn between giving it a thumbs up and neutral rating. From an "objective" perspective, I'll give it a thumbs up.

Wonderful job, CDG. I hope we can see a new twist on this fragrance.

Wow, this one has some spunk. :-)

CdG Parfum is a beast-mode spicy, oil-thick scent. Main note that I catch above others is a wet, heavy cardamom + coriander + cinnamon + nutmeg oil de resistance!! Clovebud injects its own cinnamon-pepper essence, and aside from some reinforcement from black pepper, the scent mellows out to a light spiciness meshing with sandalwood, a definite "hay" presence (bright, sweet and vegetal) coasting into mellow dry sandalwood. (Rose and honey are a bit tough to locate.)

Not for the faint of heart! I truly do like this adventurous, fresh, bright, spice-heavy experience that has a classic smell (remotely like Paul Sebastian Classic) which is dignified, masculine, and distinct in today's arena of fragrances!

This is simply 80s - very soapy. There should be a warining on this one.

Mall toilet - this is how it smells - hits HARD on Your temples, and makes You dizzy in an instance.
- the different era smell.

That is ofcourse a pretty shallow review - Becasue probably, it's a heritage, and one could aprreciate it I guess.
But If You are not that much into perfumery and will not bother to seek for particular notes in Your perfume, (just like me) - soap.

I really like this.
On my skin it smells initially like crushed pelargonium leaf, spicy green and pungent-medicinal.
This lasts a long time in a linear fashion before a slightly fruity sweetness appears in the background- I'm guessing that's the rose that others have written about.
Throughout it's time it stays beautifully dry and astringent.
A big thumbs up from me.

Do you have a big bad-ass mustache?!
What about lots of hair on your chest?
If you don't have at least one of these, forget this fragrance. this is not for you!
A great and a really unique fragrance that is suitable for a mature man.
Kids, go play somewhere else!
The opening of this fragrance is a brutal combination of lots spices, dried fruits with decent amount of sweetness and some floral notes in the background.
It's very interesting that the fruity part of the scent remind me of fruit rolls! yummy yummy!
Imagine you're eating a delicious fruit roll, then you walk into a spice store in middle east that you're surrounded with lots of different kind of spices and also there are some dried flowers like oxtongue that you can find in these type of stores.
That's it.
Very heavy projection and great longevity that stayed for about 10-12 hours on my skin.

Comme des Garcons EDP is, in my opinion, the perfect spicy rose. The opening is toxic, but don't let that frighten you. After the initial lung-burning onslaught of cloves, pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon, the fragrance reaches an intriguing equilibrium in which the honeyed-rose becomes noticeable yet wrapped in restraints and tossed screaming in a corner.

I have a tough time with rose, but CdG will definitely make it into my weekly rotation.

4.5/5

Show more reviews of Comme des Garçons Parfum...

Add your review of Comme des Garçons Parfum