Colonia Intensa

Overall

About Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma

Reviews of Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma

There are 71 reviews of Colonia Intensa by Acqua di Parma.

I've had this bottle for years and worn it a handful of times. It smells like a wealthy person in boat shoes, sitting in a big leather chair after being out in the sun on a sailboat. Starts with sparkling lemon (but elegant, unique, and well done) telling you yes this is a classic cologne but it's fancy. As it dries, it gets more powdery and leathery; the lemon is surprisingly persistent; and an aqueous note is present for most of it, as a base. Overall I would say it's a pleasant smell? And I get whiffs the next day, so it's good longevity for the style. But it's sort of a furniture polish vibe for me.
Aug 26, 2020

My brother says that I smell like a fancy old woman when I use this. I get what he means, but I have to disagree!!

I think this kind of fragrance should be used in an elegant warm spring/summer occasion. This might sound stupid, but smelling it, makes me think of chilling in an italian villa's garden, one of those proper fancy and beautiful ones.

Overall it's a very well blended, elegant and delicate fragrance

Longevity is "meh" as you'd expect from an EDC

Projection is not bad, could be better though.

I just bought the AdP Colonia Intensa deodorant to try and boost the projection and longevity of the scent, we'll see how it goes
Mar 31, 2020

I tried this a while ago and again more recently. It's amazing - a perfect balance between fresh, woodsy and subtle spices that just make the woods more interesting (rather assaulting your nose and throat.) Similar ingredients go into lots of other fragrances but it's all about how they're blended and balanced. Some go too heavy on the citrus and are too light. Others go nuts on the spices. This is really classy and well balanced - reasonable performance too.
Oct 4, 2019

This is a warning to all ADP virgins. Unless you are of the 1930's StTropez yatching retro set then don't waste your time. I have tried several and they are all iterations of orange/bergamot with a staggering lack of imagination unless you call seeing how many flankers you can make as imaginative. This is potentially the nicest as it becomes woody in the midrange but that comes with a total collapse of any of the opening notes. You feel conned. Like a deflated balloon. Rather like the review of ADP Quercica I read just now.
You have been warned.
Thierry Muegler Cologne is slightly less classy but much better value.
Hermes Tres Fraiche is the nicest of the lot of this type of fragrance but lacking in longevity.
Creed Neroli Sauvage is the most classy but with shocking longevity. A joke.
Even try Cartier Declaration iterations.
Aug 16, 2019

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa starts off just as expected, with a bright citrus peel and ginger rush. Wood and patchouli creep in soon thereafter, filled out with the unusual other notes (mugwort, myrtle, artemisia, e.g.) and the delicate neroli tucked tightly inside. Benzoin's resinous powdery presence also appear in a bit, with a really light leather and musk touch in the drydown.

Some would say there is fennel in here as well. I thought it was in there too, though it's not listed in the fragrance triangle above nor on fragrantica's. It's not too sharp here, which tends to be a bit challenging for me to bear.

Such a mixture of accords: Wood, citrus, spice, leather, green, floral, resin, and musk. The product is similar to Chanel pour Monsieur, Eau d'Hermes, and somewhat like Armani's Acqua di Gio Profumo: Thick, masculine, intense. The panoplea of accords are all in balance with each other, and the result is a strong - not loud - woody-spice fragrance that is truly wearable nearly all year round.
Feb 18, 2019

This fragrance starts off bright and elegant with the usual high end citrus opening from acqua di parma, like all their scents I find the citrus openings paired with neroli something magical..they always make me smile, as if I'm wearing something really sophisticated and italian. Where intensa differs is after 20 minutes it becomes darker and more masculine with a bit of leather that lingers around my skin and a touch of patchouli, not a million miles away from acqua di go profumo for half its life. After an hour it remains a skin scent for a few hours more of chalky soapy leather which is very nice but slightly dissapointing in performance given its name. Overall and performance aside I really enjoy this scent.
Aug 6, 2018

Show more reviews of Colonia Intensa...

Add your review of Colonia Intensa