Colonia Futura

About Colonia Futura by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma

Where to buy Colonia Futura

Reviews of Colonia Futura by Acqua di Parma

There are 3 reviews of Colonia Futura by Acqua di Parma.

If you think of it as a vetiver scent instead of a citrus scent, you won't be disappointed. Think a watered down but warmer Floris vetiver.
May 9, 2021

Fans of Creed's discontinued Citrus Bigarade may find some solace here. It's not an exact replica by any means, but the family resemblance is there.
Feb 27, 2021

I've stated elsewhere that I've long wanted to smell a classic cologne built entirely from the natural essential oils used back when cologne was new, hundreds of years ago. I thought this might be my chance, but alas, heavy restrictions on the amount of citrus oils usable in a modern perfume have left Futura more focused on the herbs than the citrus.

Don't get me wrong - there's a proper opening blast of gritty, herbal citrus that doesn't disappoint. But that quickly fades into green herbs. The notes say sage, but I suspect there may be some basil or juniper berry, as this has a dark streak that's unexplained by sage alone. Meanwhile, the lavender adds grit - I don't think I would have picked it out without expecting it.

There's no real base, and this is a natural perfume, so longevity is weak, maybe a couple of hours at most, but that's an excuse to keep respraying and getting that citrus kick, so I'm not complaining. That being said, I can imagine the lack of longevity for the price being a real sticking point for many people.
Oct 5, 2020