Coeur de Vétiver Sacré
L'Artisan Parfumeur (2010)

Overall

About Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 24 reviews of Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Tangy, slight sweetness, herbal tea thing. The fruit is subtle, not overdone. Saffron is somewhat strong and begins to overtake the fruit.

The dried, and chewy fruits return [appear], blend in, with an added touch of ginger -- then, pink berry clouds of fun and frivolity take over. Kind of flowery. Stays buzzy with an addition of incense. Vanilla dances about. Musk moves in later. It's a lovely perfume that has been done and redone in recent years, however...

If the date note and dried fruits were more pronounced, and lasted longer, I'd love this even more. I would not turn a free bottle, to be sure! I enjoy its gentleness.

As more time passes I am reminded of a vetiver-like note. It actually gets better and better in time. Great scent!!!
Oct 13, 2019

A Vetiver fragrance that isn't ‘vetiver-centric' yet somehow manages to use the vetiver to achieve a spiritual space. Vetiver is usually paired with wood, herbs or citrus. Here it's paired with dried fruits. L'Artisan has two other fragrances that use dried fruit, ‘Al Oudh' and ‘Traversee du Bosphore', and more than that which highlight vetiver, and several with the ‘Tea for Two' notes. This one fits their line-up and their ethos well. In spite of comments about sharing notes with other L'Artisan fragrances, Coeur de Vétiver Sacré, brings something new and good to the table.

CDVS has a dried fruit vibe but it isn't about being a gourmand. It's more a part of the ambiance. Vetiver takes it into black tea territory and out of the dense hole dried fruit chords can go. As it ages it starts drying to a smoky green vetiver, dry spice, incense and tea.

It's an evocative fragrance, not abstract, so it's about where it takes me - this is in the Eastern fantasy vein. This is the meditation hut, the simplicity of smoky tea, incense and dried fruits. Rain on the roof intensifies the dry, still space inside, supporting an inward journey. It's surprising a fragrance with fruit would do that, but there it is. I love this space.

There's a certain amount of nitpicking about this fragrance, over the name (which works for me), about what's expected of it. Sometimes perfume lovers can be too much in their heads and miss the point of a fragrance. Especially evocative ones. Just go with this one. It's too bad it got discontinued, as it's more complex than what it might seem.
Sep 12, 2019

I really like this one in the Fall. The rest of the year I don't like it as much. There is a prominent fruity note in it--to me it smells like cherry pie--and fruity seems to work well in this season. I wouldn't go out of my way to track down bottle, but if I ever came across one, I'd probably pick it up.
Oct 22, 2016

Glistening, peachy tea opening dries down to a high quality sweet vetiver. Not smoky or dark like other vetivers nor is it salty or citrusy or aquatic. Worthy of your attention. Points off for longevity and projection yet still a winner. 4 out of 5.
May 9, 2015

The opening (smells very feminine) comes out on the fruity side with prominent tea and bergamot. The apricot, saffron, ginger and coriander give it a sweet gourmand effect almost like a fruity candy vetiver with dates. This gives it a slightly potpourri effect. It smells very nice but it smells too feminine for me. It's lasting on my skin and sillage is very good. As it dries down the vetiver is sweetened by the fruit in a nice way. I definitely would like to smell it on a woman but YMMV since it's considered unisex.
Nov 23, 2014

Not bad at all. The first note I detected was the dried fruit. The saffron gives it an airy smell. Very hard to describe. If you are looking for a vetiver monster, this is not for you. The ginger is noticeable, but the black tea is a dominant note in this one. Non cloying, so it can be worn all year round without being offensive. 7/10
Jul 21, 2014

Show more reviews of Coeur de Vétiver Sacré...

Add your review of Coeur de Vétiver Sacré