Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare

About Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare by Jacomo

Jacomo

Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare is a women's perfume launched in 1987 by Jacomo

Reviews of Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare by Jacomo

There are 7 reviews of Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare by Jacomo.

Coeur de Parfum was one of a distinctive type of coriander chypre that appeared in the eighties. But, arriving late - in 1987, it was effectively the tail end of a batting order that was soon bowled out by Cool Water, the herald of the nineties. (Special mention for excellent last stand by Knowing; '88 not out.)

Cool Water (1988) set the trend for a light aquatic style that would kill the old chypre stone dead. (This lineage stems from Coriandre - 1973, and so you could say it was about time the style gave way to something else...)

You might have thought that after things like Balahé, Sinan and Paloma Picasso, there wouldn’t be much left to say. But Jacomo did their best and released this cool-toned coriander rose, set to an offbeat flowery note of dry marigold, which is supported by a powdery amber facet in the drydown.

I would say Coeur de Parfum is more competent than outstanding, but if you like the other coriander chypres, try this, it’s not bad.

So many different "takes" on this scent in the reviews on this page thus far.

Barbara Herman described the effect as: "Animal, fruity, floral chypre," which just about covers every scent base. Drydown was described as "ripe, spicy, mossy to rotten leather."

Jacomo does "green" very well. I found their Silences to be an exceptional green floral. However, I am not as impressed with Parfum Rare. I get woods and moss, no fruit, no florals, no spices, in fact no leather, rotten or otherwise.

Herman's note break down is significantly different from the above on Basenotes:

Top notes: Cassis, Marigold, Bergamot
Heart notes: Jasmine, Tuberose, Rose, Muguet, Orris, Ylang
Base notes: Patchouli, Leather, Benzoin, Styrax, Olibanum, Amber, Musk, Moss

It's dry, woody and mossy on me - of no particular significance, but not bad.

I always get nervous when I peruse a scent's notes and see my favorites, as I do here. My fear is that it will turn into a stinker, and the disappointment would be too great.

But no disappointment with Parfum Rare. What a surprising find this is! I've never heard of Jacomo until it came by way of a swap

Parfum rare jumps right into its stride with me, not changing much over the entire wearing. So what does it smell like?

A promiscuous worker bee.

This is a warm, golden fragrance dusted with a buzz of spice. It has a strong powdery vibe that reminds me of bee pollen (that golden yellow dust that is heavy and sweet). This powder note is a smidge stronger than I would like, and is the only aspect that gives me pause to buy.

You may want to try this if you are a fan of Organza Indecence, Parfum Sacre, or general Amber scents. This is a sunset fragrance, warm, red, and breath taking. I'll play with my sample over a few weeks and see if my opinion changes at all.

Parfum Rare starts out beautifully and disappoints terribly. I have this and when I give this a "cold smelling" right from the bottle, what I get is a classic woody floral, deep and womanly. It exudes confidence: mink, vicuna wool and diamonds. When worn, the floral smoothness quickly dissipates, and what evolves is a great, upscale and impeccable woody aura. It is not overly warm but crisp and elegant. It smells expensive.Sadly, dry down goes south. What this fragrance deteriorates into is an oily smelling twin to Arpege, thick and heavy and opressive. I cannot describe how bad the dry down is. It is actually offensive.

A scent of exquisite beauty. A shame that it's not better known.

If one is looking for a truly "elegant" classicly styled fragrance, this is it. It is strong, but not a hard hitting scent. The notes meld so well into each other, I rarely feel them transitioning. With this scent, the carnation and oakmoss embrace my skin and warm it up so nicely.A scent well worth the hunting.

Show more reviews of Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare...

Add your review of Coeur de Parfum / Parfum Rare