Chez Bond

Overall

About Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

Bond No. 9
Robertet

A range of 16 fragrances for men and women, each representing different districts of New York.

Where to buy Chez Bond

Reviews of Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

There are 62 reviews of Chez Bond by Bond No. 9.

Chez Bond is stunning! Yes, Bond invites Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water comparisons, but I think Chez Bond has merit.

Chez Bond replaces the aquatic-minty vibe of GIT and Cool Water with an uplifting tea note that's paradoxically dry and buttery. This distinction may seem insignificant, but the notes harmonize so well that I said "Wow!" out loud more than once while sniffing my wrist. The tea adds a creamy beige accord that perfectly complements the green and violet notes. The composition exudes class.

I read an earlier review saying that Chez Bond's price is in a bad place -- if you're going to spend, just get GIT. I respectfully disagree; I think there's enough to like here that Chez Bond can be the preferred choice. Moreover, I'm reliably finding it to be around $100 less than GIT, so it's not a bad value for a quality EDP.
May 10, 2021

No this isn't a clone of Green Irish Tweed. It DOES have certain similarities. I think this is a more wearable version of GIT, but without the CREED price tag. One big difference is that with this one I never get compliments and I do with GIT.....that said you make the call. I'd bought this because it's well made and not blown out of proportions like many of examples from this house like....Bleecker Street. This one is very green, yet creamy and definitely something safe for any office or even a date.
Apr 24, 2018

This is the middle brother among three: GIT (the older established one) and Cool Waters (the young unrefined punk). Chez Bond is more CW than GIT, but they all resemble each other.

I bought it years ago. I should have re-upped my GIT with the money I spent on Chez Bond. I can’t hate it, though. It is a nice EDP and stays on all day. People like it on me. People will be people.
Mar 28, 2018

The opening takes me back to my childhood in the early '90s, growing up in the South Pacific island of Tongatapu. Sunsets, sea shores and tropical forests. Sweet, juicy, green.

I can even remember the exact location and creator of these notes -- a large tree in my backyard which had a powerful citrus scent and yet bore no fruit (to my knowledge) which I was told could be used to make a tea by boiling its bright green leaves. The right blend of Chez Bond's citrus notes, leafy greens and herbal tea notes? You can count on it.

After 30-60 minutes these notes draw aside like curtains at a theatre to transport me to another time in my life: Dunedin, New Zealand, 2002. The place? The underground markets on George Street -- a collection of (literally) underground stores that provided all of your tattoo, body piercing and marijuana paraphernalia needs. Plus let's not forget about the swords, dragons and gypsy fair crushed velvet ensembles. What a place! But what does it have to do with Chez Bond? Well, the underground markets always smelled like a particular type of incense -- one that contained a mixture of citrus, vetiver, cedar and sandalwood, it seems, because Chez Bond is that time, that place, that scent, EXACTLY.

Imagine the earlier description of this scent and mature it into an evening fragrance that blends seductive spice and fantastical incense notes throughout. Dreamy, starry-night island magic.

I know olfactory responses are the best recorders of memory known to man, but for a single fragrance to take me to not one, but TWO completely different places in my life -- separated by decades and thousands of miles -- is truly a first for me, and the result is a deeply personal, time-travelling, memory-laden affair.
Nov 14, 2017

Bit of an odd one on me, not just the smell but performance.

Odd thing 1 is in the opening. As you'd expect from a fresh green scent it opens with a fresh citrusy grassy waft which is lovely but after a minute or 2 I get a slightly quirky oatmeal/porridge note that isn't unpleasant but just seems weird.
I've never had lemongrass flavoured porridge before but can imagine this is what it would smell like.
After about half an hour I start to get the tea dry down and thats what I like about the frag. I'd say this is the stage where it surpasses GIT, and GIT was my signature scent for 18 years, so I don't say that lightly.

Odd thing 2 is performance. Longevity is OK, not great, but OK as I get 6-7 hours out of it but projection and silage are pretty darn good with folk saying they can smell it throughout it's duration.
BUT then it just goes, it doesn't fade or tone down to a skin scent, it just vanishes completely. Literally its 'now you see me now you don't'. I've been able to apply another scent on the same spot i'd previously sprayed Chez Bond as it fades so totally.

Anyhoo, I like it, I don't love it but it's a really nice spring time frag that i'll probably always have on hand and is a nice accompaniment to GIT in my collection.
Sep 22, 2017

So Tweed gives Coco
The keys to some place on Bond
But they're the back keys.
Sep 13, 2017

Show more reviews of Chez Bond...

Add your review of Chez Bond