CH Men Central Park fragrance notes

• cardamom
  • Base

• cedarwood

Latest Reviews of CH Men Central Park

You need to log in or register to add a review
Ya, this is really good. Recently I tried a whole bunch of samples of fragrances released in the past 2-3 years, and this was one of them. It stood out from the rest. Although a designer fragrance, it doesn't follow the trend of current releases which is nice for a change, but it also doesn't go too crazy with being overly unique and becoming a monstrosity.

So basically what this is is the opening of Gucci pour Homme II but extended on for hours. Eventually when I get to the mid and base notes, I pick up some woods and musk. Dry down is not favorable compared to the first 2 hours.

A fairly linear fragrance. 4-5 hours of longevity, and low/moderate projection.

I'm not a big fan of this line.. and I think the original is really overrated, but I also feel this one is really underrated. Absolutely worth a sniff if you see it. Blind bottle worthy if you love spicy fragrances.
17th July 2018
For me, CH Men Central Park takes the original CH Men sweetness and adds cardamom, which gives it a sexy, date-night feel, probably an association with La Nuit's cardamom note. It's also not as heavy as the original, seems to be more "airy" and transparent. The ginger note wasn't as prominent for me but that doesn't mean it's not there. I just really noticed the cardamom. I do like ginger notes, so I'm surprised I wasn't able to get more of it.

It's similar to the Africa flanker in performance and overall sweetness, projects for about 5-6 hours. The differences being that Africa goes the coconut route and Central Park is cardamom for me.
10th October 2017

Really nice! By far the best CH Men flanker that I've tried (which is all of them except for Africa). This actually reminds me a lot of the original CH Men before it was reformulated, as it really taps into CH Men's fresh spicy sugar/maple sap component which smells kind of like the sap on a pinecone. What makes Central Park special is the addition of ginger, which has reinvigorated it, really creating what feels like a spring version of CH Men. The ginger is bright and aromatic, and the fragrance itself has a nice diffusive levity to it, never feeling heavy or bogged down but instead projecting confidently with a soft, bouyant consistency. It's a very relaxing, comfortable scent to wear as well. While it isn't heavy or dark, for the most part shedding its leather components altogether, it's never sharp or citrusy either, and doesn't get caught up in trying to smell "fresh" by using all the typical tricks of the genre that often appear in 'sports' fragrances and aquatics. It's a relatively simple scent--this sweet, aromatic ginger over CH Men's trademark sugar accord--but it works.

Is Central Park worth owning if you have the original? It depends. Are you a huge fan of the line? If you are, then this is definitely a worthwhile edition that you will enjoy. Are you a big "seasonal" wearer? If so, then I think a good argument could be made for owning both, as Central Park really seems like the perfect spring/summer version of the scent. This is the group I fall into, so I don't mind owning the two. However, if you're just a casual wearer of scents, I could imagine both would get redundant, in which case only owning one would be best. Either way, they're both very good and you can't go wrong with one or the other. Thumbs up for this relatively under the radar flanker, and great seasonal addition to the CH Men line.
5th July 2017