CH Men

Carolina Herrera

CH Men is a men's fragrance launched in 2009 by Carolina Herrera

Where to buy CH Men

Reviews of CH Men by Carolina Herrera

There are 25 reviews of CH Men by Carolina Herrera.

I think I'll have to return to this one because I just get a musky wood. Didn't appeal to me at all. Perhaps the leather and spice interfered with each other. Or I just smelled too many fragrances the day I tested this.

I really understand why some of the youtube reviewers are hyping this one. Very elegant, smooth, sugared without actually being sweet. Almost amazing.

Albeit well known and around for a while, it's still rarely mentioned and is quite off the radar. It shares the idea, concept with Chic for men, but Chic is less sugared and more spicy.

CH Men is warm, elegant, mature and serious. Hidden gem and for those who know and "know".

Originality 5/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 6/10
Projection 7/10
__________________
65%

Thumbs up on the vintage version.

Great sweetness and a small dose of slightly smokey, spicy vetiver in the opening. Later, the drydown gives me more of the leather but still sweet throughout.

First time I sampled this must have been the vintage version because this new version becomes thin and synthetic after the 2-hour mark. Prior to that, it was very enjoyable and projected nicely.

The vintage version had strong projection and longevity.

Syntho-proandro-
Choco-norbacco cake with
Cherumoid is served.

Based on scent alone I would give it a big thumbs up and a 9/10. Unfortunately the performance lets it down. It is bad. 90 minutes of decent projection, 90 minutes of skin scent and then gone!!!! It's cheap but when you buy a fragrance you should expect at least 4 hours of decent projection.

Carolina Herrera CH Men is my first try from the house, and first off, I've not the slightest idea whether it's vintage or reformulated, or when my sample (via Decantshop) is from.

It's a mixture dominated by leather, sugar, vanilla, and amber. I get more leather in the opening and when it dries down, it's sweeter and the vanilla especially is more front-and-center.

The leather makes it masculine, the sweet notes make it comforting, and somehow it does still feel like a fragrance created for men, even though a woman could just as easily pull this off.

It's certainly more for cold weather wear, even with only moderate performance, given the rather heavy note breakdown. This isn't for the heat or beach, in my estimation, but of course anything possible.

The leather/vanilla pairing reminds me a lot of Scentstory 24 Go Dark, which leans heavily on this mix as well.

At $50 for 100ml (FragranceNet, though comparable at other secondary market sites), CH Men is moderately priced enough to a consistent winter scent for men, borderline signature scent-worthy in the realm of say, Burberry London, where the sweet meets spicy, as the sweet meets leather in CH Men.

This isn't a fragrance that I need or want but it's nonetheless quite well-balanced and agreeable.

7 out of 10

Show more reviews of CH Men...

Add your review of CH Men

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

CH Men by Carolina Herrera Perfume Ad Campaigns