CH Men Africa fragrance notes

• mandarin, blue sage, green pimento, black coffee, Atlas cedarwood

Latest Reviews of CH Men Africa

You need to log in or register to add a review
A sweet fragrance that has some spice to it but ultimately has a "hairspray" smell to me in the opening. I have experienced this now in a handful of fragrances but I'm not sure if it's a particular note or the way certain kinds of notes remind me of that 90's aerosol smell.

I do smell the original CH Men DNA in this, and more so in the drydown, so fans of it that want something a little lighter and sweeter should enjoy Africa.

My best guess on the concept for this fragrance is that they came up with the Africa idea or name first and then looked for African-inspired notes because the scent doesn't conjure up any African imagery in my mind, but never having been there, maybe something there does smell like this...it's just not natural smelling at all.

Performance is ok if you spray enough. Projection is decent with 5-6 sprays and longevity is in the 6-8 hour range. Further drydown is a skin scent that lasts 12-14 hours.

30th May 2017
I tested it 31.03.2015. and this is a filtered/shortened review I made on another site. At that time this scent was not in the Basenotes directory so review here is a "bit" late.

Creamy, bit more green approach to the original but also a classic D&G Pour Homme. Not weak. Small echo of Chic For Men is also present. Originality none, quality quite some.

Is it a modern scent? Well if you take into consideration the old and "new" reformulated D&G PH, then the answer is obivous - no.

Is this a good scent? Well I'd say it is, but call it "Africa"? I don't know really. Packaging is sort of cool
if you're into that.

Overall impression: flanker of a flanker of a flanker and nothing new whatsoever, but also it's quite well done.

I think it'll have its supporters, but my opinion is that the original version did the job quite well from the start, thus making this "Africa" version redundant.

Originality 0/10
Scent 8/10 (it's still a good scent)
Longevity 9/10