Century

About Century by Dunhill

Dunhill
Carlos Benaim

Reviews of Century by Dunhill

There are 4 reviews of Century by Dunhill.

Sour, sour, sour, and unbelievably strong! Too much Cypriol here for me. It takes over the fragrance entirely, and makes for a sour woodsy/citrus/neroli sort of scent. Imagine Varvatos Artisan, mixed with L'homme Ultime, and 10x more sour.

I wish I could build up the tolerance to these harsh aromachemicals that others have, but smell wise I can't, and even worse, it triggers my allergies. Cypriol in small doses is tolerable, not like this!
Apr 24, 2021

Grapefruit cardamom musk sandalwood are the notes I get with the usual fresh opening and settling down after the citrus burns off to linear for the next few hours. Actually very nice. Generic with a twist this could he a budget signature scent. I was really surprised by this one!

Fragrance: 7.25/10
Projection: 7.5/10
Longevity: 7.75/10
Aug 13, 2020

Reminds me of CH 212 men mixed with some decent citrus in the opening. Then a musky, burned plastic smell comes in while that spicy CH 212 smell continues. The later stages of drydown are soft and powdery sweet, almost feminine.

The whole effect is just okay for me. Seems like a decent daytime office scent versatile enough for year round use. Projection was modest off my skin while longevity was good, lasting 7-8 hours.
Jun 28, 2019

As this new addition is from the same perfumer as the rather splendid Dunhill Icon, we should be in good hands

Dunhill announce this as a fresh scent, but I feel this must be more around the fact it is not a flanker, but rather a new composition. Despite the listed bright / citrus notes of Bergamot, Mandarin, Grapefruit and Neroli, Century actually comes across almost immediately as a warm, slightly spicy wood / musk fragrance. Although not listed, I would say there is also a hint of sweet floral Iris note in the dry down. Overall, this is a very subtle scent, staying close to the skin, that feels very elegant and sophisticated. Possibly more suited to slightly cooler weather than hot sunny days

Interestingly, I find this projects a very similar vibe to Le Labo’s Santal 33 – both share common notes of Musk, Cardamom and Sandalwood. Cypriol (woody, earthy, spicy) is a close cousin for Santal 33’s Papyrus note. However, Century feels more refined and reigned in than the very dominant Le Labo scent…to my nose Century is a grown up version of Santal 33, which is no bad thing
Jul 28, 2018