Carnal Flower
Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle (2005)

Overall

About Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Carnal Flower was inspired by Frederic Malle's aunt, and actress Candice Bergen. Bergen starred in the 1971 movie, 'Carnal Knowledge', with Jack Nicholson.

The fragrance, which took two years to create, was created by perfumer, Dominique Ropion and according to the company, contains the highest amount of natural tuberose absolute in any fragrance.

Where to buy Carnal Flower

Reviews of Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

There are 111 reviews of Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.

Stunning for what it is. Carnal Flower is a humid hothouse immersion of tuberose with airy touch of ripe melon. It doesn't really reach its full potential in the temperate rain forest climate I live in now, but if I were packing my bags for spring or summer in Oceania a travel spray of Carnal Flower would be going with me.
Jun 20, 2021

Sharp opening almost jolts you to awareness. I didn't think there could be 'too much' tuberose, now I know there can be, at least to my nose it was just totally overwhelming. I enjoy the dry own an think it's best about two or three hours in when some of the coconut and melon join in to moderate the sweet white rating. I know some people love it, and from a distance I could see myself sniffing a trail and being enchanted, just too intense a scent for me to wear. I love 90% of Ropion's blends, and that's okay, I always give them a trial run or two, he is an absolute master with scents.
Nov 23, 2020

I spect a beautiful summer acent , but I smell this before ,,,, in a Bath and Body counter

I thing the 10 ml gonna last forever
Dec 6, 2019

This is a nice scent, but I do think I could only pull it off on special occasions. It starts with a burst of green leaves, reminiscent to Elephant by Zoologist. Both are a bit too sharp for my tastes. However, within 15min it sweetens and the floral notes develop, they are rich and ripe. Not quite indolic but teetering on the edge. Then after about an hour that edge wears off and is replaced by creamy coconut. Not as beachy as something like Soleil Blanc but still a little sun-creamy. I love how the fragrance develops like an expedition: starting in the deep thickets of jungle, following a flower-lined riverbed, all the way to the beach.

It's unisex but leans a bit feminine. So I think I could only make it work in either formal occasions or on vacation. So for that reason (and the price) I don't think I'd ever get a bottle. I also really like beachy fragrances so I wouldn't mind something more coconutty all the way through. Really cool to try though, worth a sample for sure.
Sep 11, 2019

Beautiful flowers like tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and orange blossom. The tuberose is the Queen of this fragrance. The sweetness of coconut and a citric/musky background. Pure love from me, lasts a long time and is a complement getter.
Mar 11, 2019

An austere green tuberose, polished and exquisite, brainy and rather brusque. I don't find it carnal or sensual but for me that is leather...
Dec 18, 2017

Show more reviews of Carnal Flower...

Add your review of Carnal Flower